User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > [ps2]2part game problem
Show topics

Forums
Forums
[PS2]2part game problem
  Jump to:

Posted Message
InsAnEAzn
_
19. September 2010 @ 00:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well yeah im having a bit of a problem with this game
i have a toxic OS mod and i downloaded this game Yakuza 2 undubbed
now the US version is suppose to be a dual layer disc
and the japanese version is 2 seperate discs
so i downloaded that and now i got 2 game isos with the same boot file and i was wondering, is it possible to like merge the 2 files?
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. September 2010 @ 12:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am a bit lost here

Are you saying you have the US Yakuza 2 and the Jap Yakuza 2 images downloaded, or just one of them.

If you downloaded the two disc version, or that someone made into two discs, you will have to burn it as two discs.

There is no way to merge it back, once its been put into two separate ISO images.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
InsAnEAzn
_
20. September 2010 @ 16:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by smokyrain:
I am a bit lost here

Are you saying you have the US Yakuza 2 and the Jap Yakuza 2 images downloaded, or just one of them.

If you downloaded the two disc version, or that someone made into two discs, you will have to burn it as two discs.

There is no way to merge it back, once its been put into two separate ISO images.
awww seriously?? >.>
because i dont burn discs, i put it straight onto a hard drive so its long taking it in and out all the time >.>
and forget about the us and the jap whatever is there a way to put the 2 cds into the hard drive?? i tried but its because they both use the same boot file o.o

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. September 2010 @ 17:36

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. September 2010 @ 18:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It should work even though they have same Disc id. You name them disc 1 or disc 2
I have put GOW 2, split into two discs on the hdd before.
Did it give you some error or something?

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
InsAnEAzn
_
20. September 2010 @ 21:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i used winhiip and it just tells me that the program cant install on my hdd
so yeah its weird...
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. September 2010 @ 22:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by InsAnEAzn:
well i used winhiip and it just tells me that the program cant install on my hdd
so yeah its weird...
That is weird. I will show you below my GOW 2 that I ripped into Two discs and installed using Winhiip 1.7.6
Note at the bottom, same BOOT file, but its the partition info that really matters, as they are different size, although I see Winhiip reports them as the same size.

I am wondering if its because there is a problem with the ISO image itself, seeing someone else created it, not yourself.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. September 2010 @ 22:46

InsAnEAzn
_
21. September 2010 @ 17:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by smokyrain:
Originally posted by InsAnEAzn:
so yeah its weird...
That is weird. I will show you below my GOW 2 that I ripped into Two discs and installed using Winhiip 1.7.6
Note at the bottom, same BOOT file, but its the partition info that really matters, as they are different size, although I see Winhiip reports them as the same size.

I am wondering if its because there is a problem with the ISO image itself, seeing someone else created it, not yourself.

i will try and look into that thank you
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. September 2010 @ 09:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no problem..
Just test your ISO images by opening them in ISObuster 2.0
If they open with no problems, then they should be fine. Thats what I usually do to test them.

Otherwise I am not sure the problem as long as other ISO images copy to your hdd disc with no issues.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > [ps2]2part game problem

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork