User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > do i need cool the ps3?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Do I need cool the PS3?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
LightXxX
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
13. November 2010 @ 00:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi my Bro bought his PS3 for a year now and i was wondering, Does it need to be cooled? When i play blu-ray or some other games with high quality of graphic, it get really hot like the inner fan gets loud... I just searched online like few minutes ago i found out that these intercoolers or fans use the console's power supply, they're actually making things worse... Some site i looked through and they said "I would not use anything that does not have it's own power supply." And some also said "Most likely you will do more harm than good by buying any extra 3rd party peripherals to cool the PS3." So the real question that i want to be answered is "Do I need a PS3 cooling(with own power/batteries)?"
Advertisement
_
__
_
13. November 2010 @ 11:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You're in the wrong forum.

Toshiba Satellite a665 16.5" laptop - Intel i3 - 4gb RAM - 500 gb HDD
PS3 Slim 320GB HDD 3.41 OFW
PS2 Slim SCPH-70012 - Free McBoot 1.8 - 128MB Memory Card
PSP 3001 Silver - Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-C - 8GB Sony Memory Stick
iPod Touch 2g - 8gb - MC version - Jailbroken
LightXxX
_
13. November 2010 @ 11:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by gam3r21:
You're in the wrong forum.
Mybad :/.... So how i change or it's automathic?

2 product reviews
_
13. November 2010 @ 12:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To answer your question, as long as the PS3 is used in an open area it should be fine.

However, I've had mine in a cabinet (with about four inches of room on each side) and just keep the doors open while playing. The fans never get very loud and when sticking my hand behind the exhaust fans it's warm but I can comfortably keep my hand behind it.

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo
LightXxX
_
13. November 2010 @ 13:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Pop_Smith:
To answer your question, as long as the PS3 is used in an open area it should be fine.

However, I've had mine in a cabinet (with about four inches of room on each side) and just keep the doors open while playing. The fans never get very loud and when sticking my hand behind the exhaust fans it's warm but I can comfortably keep my hand behind it.
Well, that's true but what about summer? I'd need a PS3 cooling for the PS3 in summer...
ddp
_
13. November 2010 @ 16:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum as not a ps2 hardware boot issue. LightXxX, keep your eyes open when starting a new thread.
LightXxX
_
13. November 2010 @ 19:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
moved to correct forum as not a ps2 hardware boot issue. LightXxX, keep your eyes open when starting a new thread.
I tho it said PS3 so just picked this one BTW how do i move it...? Please read the third posted message...
ddp
_
13. November 2010 @ 19:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what does this word mean "moved" as that is the 1st word in my post?
Advertisement
_
__

_
LightXxX
_
13. November 2010 @ 20:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
what does this word mean "moved" as that is the 1st word in my post?
My bad :/ It's dark and the screen so bright, i cant read very well LMSAO(Laughing My Silly Ass Off)...
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > do i need cool the ps3?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork