User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 21:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > duo3 ultra not functioning correctly
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Duo3 Ultra not functioning correctly
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rawantagonist
_
20. December 2011 @ 14:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Slim PS2 that was purchased new last summer and had a Duo3 Ultra installed shortly after. It has worked perfectly fine up until yesterday.

Description of the problem:
I recently purchased a new 42" Plasma TV (replacing an old 29-inch regular TV). During the process of clearing out my old entertainment center, rearranging furniture, etc, the PS2 unit was unplugged and sat aside for a period of about 4 hours. After getting everything set back up and connected, the PS2 would not read burned or imported games. I have been tinkering with it trying to get it to work. There have been a couple of isolated incidents where a burned game would FINALLY load, but as soon as I took it out to try to put in another one and see if the unit would read that game, it went back to not functioning at all. The system also will not read PSX games, real or burned. Sometimes it treats them as audio CDs, and others it brings up the standard wrong format error screen. It is reading and playing store-bought PS2 games as normal.

Things I have tried:
- Unplugging and plugging back in.
- Disabling the chip by holding down Start on controller 1 when booting up, then turning the machine off and back on to re-enable it.
- Starting the unit by holding down the Reset button, causing it to cut back off after a few seconds.
- Letting the unit sit overnight.

I would really hate to find out that I shelled out a large amount of money for something that didn't even last 1.5 years. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, they would be GREATLY appreciated.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. December 2011 @ 16:19

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > duo3 ultra not functioning correctly

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork