User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 21:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > got someone to install duo 3 ultra in a fat scph-39001
Show topics

Forums
Forums
got someone to Install duo 3 ultra in a fat scph-39001
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Kannz
_
30. October 2011 @ 02:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
brought it home and it only shows black do I have to install some kind of firmware or something? I already told the guy who soldered it in I'll be bringing it back for him to check it but if I was able to see if it just needed a disc or something. I wasn't given any diagrams or directions with the chip when I bought it from foundmy so any info would be good.
Advertisement
_
__
ps355528
_
5. November 2011 @ 05:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
usually you have to install an operating system on the chip.. don't do ps2's for over 5 years so wouldn't know what one for that chip. google should reveal everything you need and the methods.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
Kannz
_
11. November 2011 @ 02:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nah google usually reveals old websites with a lot of dead links..
ajf81280
_
19. November 2011 @ 20:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OS on the chip? lol are you kidding me? The only thing on the chip is data from the manufacturer to tell the chip how, when, and what code to put out. There are updates for newer firmware but no OS. Most of those boards are cheap knockoffs of such boards like teeny+ boards. What probably happened is the guy who did it, is an amateur and has no clue how to solder. Those chips merely mimic code from the ps2 and tell it that no matter what is in the drive, it has the Sony PS2 signature and it is authentic. From what I know, and I have done 30+ mod chips on ps2 alone, let alone other consoles,(wii, xbox, gamecube) there is anywhere from 17-22 wires to solder depending on your console for this specific chip. Since you said it was a fat one with the 30000 I would say it needs 17 wires to be solder right. Open it up yourself and check all the solder points on the chip it self and the ps2 to assure correct connection to the contact points. You can always find diagrams of the chip online and where the wires need to be routed to and soldered to.

P.S.
You said you have fat model...buy a network adapter and a HDD and burn games onto the HDD...it literally cuts loading times of in game material into a third.
You will need this anyway whenever your drive decides to crap out.

Hope that helps
Advertisement
_
__

_
Kannz
_
20. November 2011 @ 21:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I didn't say OS i said firmware its not really the same thing and only ps2 games work off the hdd which I already have one with a 160gb hd full of ps2 games. I only wanted the chip for playing ps1 games thanks for the info though.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. November 2011 @ 21:30

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > got someone to install duo 3 ultra in a fat scph-39001

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork