User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > matrix infinity 2.0 help/advice
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Matrix Infinity 2.0 help/advice
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ZeonOtaku
_
10. July 2011 @ 13:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First off, thanks in advance for any help.

I bought a Matrix Infinity 2.0 chip from mod-chip.com, and proceeded to install it into a US Ver.9 PS2 (fat), motherboard: GH-023 with the help of a friend who's experienced in modding, albeit XBoxes.

When testing it, the matrix infinity icon appears, and we can access it's menu. We can run US Region PS1 and PS2 DVD's as well as original/backups of DVD movies (admitedly, we have not tried DVD movies from other regions).

We cannot run original PS1/PS2 games from other regions, nor can we run PS1/PS2 backups -- all we get is the red "disk isn't right" sony screen. He tested with a multimeter, and to the best of our knowledge, it is correctly installed. Unfortunately, the machine is at his house or I'd take pictures and post them. Also, then the DVD-drive went out on us. On later reading, I learned that the Version-9's and above were suseptible to a laser rot problem. This leads me to the next thing.

NOTE: On this particular machine, I had been using swap-magic for both PS1 and PS2 games for several years, but due to one game (an original PS2 import) which cannot be reset without doing a hard-reset, thus is why I wanted to go ahead and do a hard mod.

I bought a second fat PS2, a Version 7, and attempted myself to run the DMS4 Pro solderless, and it was not reading imports or backups, not even a burned CD-R with the ToxicBIOS on it, though it again played originals from this region. We tried one idea, regarding the eject cable, (the manual for the chip admittedly isn't all that clear in the first place) and we can only assume that something shorted out. THIS takes me to the third and final thing.

We were able to salvage the DVD-drive from the Version 7 and hook it into the GH-023 (Version 9) board. And now we have circled back to the original problem: will play US original PS1/PS2 games, imports/backups lead to the red sony screen.

Sorry for the long-winded post, I just figure I should give all the details to the best of my abilities.

-- ZeonOtaku
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. July 2011 @ 14:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well the Red Screen usually means something wrong with the chip or the backup you burned.

How do your burn your backups. What program did you use, speed you burned at and what brand of disc you used?

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. July 2011 @ 14:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Double Post

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. July 2011 @ 15:10

Advertisement
_
__

_
ZeonOtaku
_
12. July 2011 @ 19:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by smokyrain:
Well the Red Screen usually means something wrong with the chip or the backup you burned.

How do your burn your backups. What program did you use, speed you burned at and what brand of disc you used?
Well, I really don't know off-hand what media I use, but I usually use Alcohol 120% and burn at the lowest speed available to me at any given time depending on what machine I use. However, these are discs, both original imports and backups, that I've used before via the swap magic method. I will go back and check the solder points whenever my friend and I get together again. The company is sending me another solderless set too.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > matrix infinity 2.0 help/advice

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork