User User name Password  

Wednesday 18.9.2024 / 21:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > memor32/ulaunchelf error
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Memor32/ulaunchelf Error
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Elgarta
_
27. May 2010 @ 08:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi everyone.

I hav been having some problems with a Memor32 card that someone gave to me recently as a gift. I have an Aussie Fat model ps2, and have loaded Memento Firmware 1.1 for Aus onto my card.

I have followed this guide "http://www.memor32.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1698" so far, but when I turn on my PS2 and press R1 to get ulaunchelf open so I can copy freemcboot onto my old 8mb mc, I get a blank screen and can't get any further.

I have a patched disc too, and if I try loading it through memento without attempting to open ulaunchelf, I get the region error message and cant get past that either.

Anyone here had this issue, or know of anyway to get it to work?

Thanks
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. May 2010 @ 14:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I remember some Australian memor32 having problem loading ELF files from the Memory card before
So I would try using a USB pen drive if you have one

Make a folder on the USB drive named BOOT

Place your ELF files in the BOOT folder

ELF files are mapped as follows :

R1 : /BOOT/BOOT.ELF
R2 : /BOOT/BOOT2.ELF
L1 : /BOOT/BOOT3.ELF
L2 : /BOOT/BOOT4.ELF

Then start your PS2 with memor32 and USB drive and press PAD DOWN + R1/R2/L1/L2

See if that works for you

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
Elgarta
_
28. May 2010 @ 20:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by smokyrain:
I remember some Australian memor32 having problem loading ELF files from the Memory card before
So I would try using a USB pen drive if you have one

Make a folder on the USB drive named BOOT

Place your ELF files in the BOOT folder

ELF files are mapped as follows :

R1 : /BOOT/BOOT.ELF
R2 : /BOOT/BOOT2.ELF
L1 : /BOOT/BOOT3.ELF
L2 : /BOOT/BOOT4.ELF

Then start your PS2 with memor32 and USB drive and press PAD DOWN + R1/R2/L1/L2

See if that works for you
I will give that a try :). I havent ever loaded a USB device before (other than those Buzzers for the quiz game), is there a specific brand to use, or will my 16gb Kingston be fine?

I'm also unsure about my M emento working right.. When I have firmware 1.1 for Aus loaded, I get some weird screen pop up when I load a game in the tray, and it says *ASSERT* at the top. Is this normal, from your experience with it?

Edit: Ok the USB stick worked to help load up the ulaunchelf menu, and let me install it onto my normal memory card, but now when I try to reboot with the MC + Freemcboot and ESR, it gives me a black screen and doesnt go to a menu/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. May 2010 @ 20:51

AfterDawn Addict
_
29. May 2010 @ 01:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Elgarta:

I will give that a try :). I havent ever loaded a USB device before (other than those Buzzers for the quiz game), is there a specific brand to use, or will my 16gb Kingston be fine?

I'm also unsure about my M emento working right.. When I have firmware 1.1 for Aus loaded, I get some weird screen pop up when I load a game in the tray, and it says *ASSERT* at the top. Is this normal, from your experience with it?

Edit: Ok the USB stick worked to help load up the ulaunchelf menu, and let me install it onto my normal memory card, but now when I try to reboot with the MC + Freemcboot and ESR, it gives me a black screen and doesnt go to a menu/
Ok well thats good you figured out the USB and got fmcb 1.8 installed.

Did the Install go ok, as you should get the Sony Browser once installed showing fmcb 1.8 and Ulaunchelf etc on screen

Yes I did have that happen a couple times also on my V7 with memor32 using the 1.1 version, but not using the 1.2 version.

I eventually just installed fmcb 1.8 on it also.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. May 2010 @ 01:23

Elgarta
_
29. May 2010 @ 01:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well the install went smoothly. I did get another error at first, but I needed to format my old 8mb mc with mcanihilator. The only way I can get to the menu or to ESR so I can boot a game is to keep the Memor32 in slot 1 and access ulaunchelf just like I did with the install.. and then open fmcb, and launch esr from there. It's a very roundabout way of doing it but its the only way I could figure out lol.
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. May 2010 @ 02:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok maybe something happened with the configuration of the FREEMCB.CNF file.
Check the configuration settings in the link below, you also have option to download a default setting FREEMCB.CNF then place it in the mc0:/ SYS-CONF using uLe

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/ - Check the Configuration TAB

Default settings are shown in this link - http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/config.php

If it still doesn't work, then perhaps post in the Offical fmcb forum and someone should have an answer as to why its not working.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153

I hope you get it working, as the way your having to do it sort of defeats the purpose, lol.

Elgarta
_
29. May 2010 @ 21:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
haha yeah I agree, not as 'plug and play' as it should have been.

I checked the settings and they seemed to be the standard settings which were in the cnf file. I can't see anything there that woudl cause an issue..

Before I go and bug the good people at the fmcb forums, I am curious to know which files should be in the memory card directory that I installed it to. I noticed when I went through ule last night that I still need to access fmcb via my usb stick, only esr is o nthe MC. is that how its supposed to be?

My MC directories are as follows:

BEEXEC-SYSTEM/
OSDMAIN.elf
FMCB.icn
icon.sys

BOOT/
BOOT.ELF
ESR.ELF
HDLOADER.ELF
SMS.ELF
BOOT.icn
icon.sys

SYS-CONF/
FMCB_CFG.ELF
FREEMCB.CNF
icon.sys
sysconf.icn
USBD.IRX
USBHDFSD.IRX

When I run FMCB ican only open FREE_MCBOOT.ELF from my USB stick, so it isnt actually installed on my MC? I hope that wasn't too confusing of a question
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. May 2010 @ 23:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Elgarta:
haha yeah I agree, not as 'plug and play' as it should have been.

I checked the settings and they seemed to be the standard settings which were in the cnf file. I can't see anything there that woudl cause an issue..

Before I go and bug the good people at the fmcb forums, I am curious to know which files should be in the memory card directory that I installed it to. I noticed when I went through ule last night that I still need to access fmcb via my usb stick, only esr is o nthe MC. is that how its supposed to be?

My MC directories are as follows:

BEEXEC-SYSTEM/
OSDMAIN.elf
FMCB.icn
icon.sys

BOOT/
BOOT.ELF
ESR.ELF
HDLOADER.ELF
SMS.ELF
BOOT.icn
icon.sys

SYS-CONF/
FMCB_CFG.ELF
FREEMCB.CNF
icon.sys
sysconf.icn
USBD.IRX
USBHDFSD.IRX

When I run FMCB ican only open FREE_MCBOOT.ELF from my USB stick, so it isnt actually installed on my MC? I hope that wasn't too confusing of a question
OK something isn't right then.

I would reinstall it too memory card 2, using Multi-INSTALL

Once installation is good, it will tell you with all check marks

Then reboot with just the fmcb memory card in the PS2.

Elgarta
_
30. May 2010 @ 09:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That seems to have done it! I didn't realise the installation didnt go through when all the marks were ticked originally. So is multi-install what should be used on most occasions then? I thought it was related to having a card that you wanted to use on multiple ps2 versions or something.

Thanks heaps for the help smoky! I'm pretty new to this scene, I didn't realise that these consoles could actually do more than just boot up a game from the disc drive.
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. May 2010 @ 15:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats great you got it installed.

The user guides and Configuration TABS in this link provide great pictures to help

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/

MULTI-INSTALL does allow you too use the memory card on other PS2 if you have any.

I just do MULTI-INSTALL all the time, it makes no difference otherwise.

Now you will be able to just launch ELF files from either using uLE or right from the Sony Browser

And ESR will play games that were patched already with memento patcher.
The esr 2.4a disc patcher is just way better and allows you too unpatch if you want.

FMCB is far more superior to Memor32- they managed to do what Memento couldn't.

Elgarta
_
31. May 2010 @ 20:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
From what I hear I'd have to agree on that. I only have backups of my old final fantasy games because the discs were wearing out, but its good to know that I can do the same thing with my other games too :). Pity that a similar process can't be followed for psx games, I have a copy of legend of dragoon that is scratched like you wouldn't believe, and iirc multi-disc psx games require patching and whatnot even to run on the pc ><
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. May 2010 @ 21:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use fmcb 1.8 and uLe on my V14 slim to play PS1 backups.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you own a Slim PS2, you can play PS1 backups using fmcb 1.8 and uLe
if the following conditions are met

- PS1 Original disc
-sensors on PS2 need to be disabled, either by tools, fliptop or tape and tissue method
-uLe by default in fmcb is R1 on the PS2 trigger

I configure uLe already to have 'Disc Control' set to 'on'
And I also configured 'PS2 Browser' (its under misc/ in FILEBROWSER) to a shortcut key in uLe

1. Place your Original PS1 disc in the PS2
2. Start up fmcb and hold R1
3. uLe will load, disc will stop
4. Swap Disc via fliptop or having sensors blocked
5. Press shortcut key for 'PS2 Browser' or use FILEBROWSER to search for PS2 Browser

Your PS2 will restart and should now play your PS1 backup

Elgarta
_
1. June 2010 @ 05:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hmm I have an old fat model, i considered getting the flip top cover for it actually as I heard of methods similar to that but with swap magic instead. I guess the options are still there lol
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. June 2010 @ 09:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh ok, well there are other ways for V9 and up on the FAT Model.

Which version do you have?

Elgarta
_
2. June 2010 @ 18:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's a SCPH-390002 model, which as far as I can tell is a V7. As far as I know some sort of trick involving swap magic or a fliptop lid are required and I have never opened my console or tampered with it. Nor do I own a fliptop lid or swap magic lol.
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. June 2010 @ 22:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok yes the fmcb 1.8 won't work on V7. I believe I tried it on my V7, and it will just stay stuck on the PS1 logo

SM 3.8 CD doesn't work either with PS1 backups, at least I could never get it too work

I know I have heard the same stories

V9 and up FAT PS2 are different though. And then of course the slim works fine.

The only way I know of on lower versions is with Breaker Pro or a Certain Version of Gameshark.

This is why I like having a FAT PS2 and a Slim.

Advertisement
_
__

_
Elgarta
_
4. June 2010 @ 06:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its a good idea, i bought my ps2 at a pawn store back in 2004, i figured if i wanted backups that in 6 years time ps2 emulators would be functional lol. a bit of a challenge to pick them up now
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > memor32/ulaunchelf error

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork