User User name Password  

Wednesday 18.9.2024 / 22:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > need mod chip help!!!!!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
need mod chip help!!!!!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
lilgchild
_
14. February 2010 @ 14:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok i am looking for the best modchip to install in my slim ps2 v14

also i want to be able to use an external hdd to load games!

and hopefully someone can help with step by step directions to install the chip!

thank you in advance!

holla at ya boi
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. February 2010 @ 19:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by lilgchild:
ok i am looking for the best modchip to install in my slim ps2 v14

also i want to be able to use an external hdd to load games!

and hopefully someone can help with step by step directions to install the chip!

thank you in advance!
Ok first a lot of modchips aren't compatible USBExtreme/Advance to play off an external USB drive

If your looking mostly to play off an external drive, then you should just install fmcb 1.8 to the memory card
http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=fmcb.html - methods of INSTALLATION and USER GUIDES

Then use OPL (Open PS2 loader) to play games off the external hdd.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62141

Installation of games

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59785

Nobody is going to give you exact step by step instructions.
If you can't follow tutorials or guides, you may need help

If you would rather have a modchip, then probably go with a Modbo 4.0
With that modchip you can 'Disable Macrovision' which then makes it compatible with USB application
Also most places that sell the modchip will provide instructions on how to solder it in, or you can check sksapps.com for pictures

Also they are working on new release for OPL, that will be compatible with most modchips. But the release date is unknown.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > need mod chip help!!!!!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork