User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 21:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > pls help determine chip type i got
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Pls help determine chip type i got
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
23. February 2012 @ 22:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey peeps im hoping some people can help me confirm what type of modchip i have i got it around 10 years ago when i got my ps2 and my ps2 finally died few months ago well its not dead but barley reads cds anymore and freezes up enough to make it no fun and realize its had its day i know most people would say screw ps2 get a ps3 but i dont play console much anymore i prefer pcs so what im trying to get at is i took my ps all apart took pictures of chip then spent hours online to figure out the ps version and i will need to know for fact type of chip i have so i can see what versions it is compatible with if any at all and main reason i decided to try and get another ps is my brother works at a large pawn shop biggest in my city he has at least 20 PlayStation everyday and said they still come in all the time the store sells them for 20-39$ tops depending on condition and i can get 1 for free cause they only pay like 5-10 $ for them but all need to know 100% type of chip i got cause it may be pointless i hope not cause i enjoyed my old beast ps2 for watching movies and changing it up from pc gaming all the time plus over 10 years ive backed up 100s of games and movies so thats my plan is to replace the ps2 plus i dont play nearly enough to consider getting a ps3 yet so to me being able to slap this chip in a good running/reading ps2 would be awesome i can do the instillation easy another reason i feel it wont hurt to try to replace ...SO if i could find people that know any info i need and not by guessing i would be very [thankful] the specs i have come up with after hours of research and what i believe the type of chip it is o but odd thing was i could not find 1 picture online of 1000s i looked at that was the same but a few looks almost exact anyhow i felt it was time to reach out to the community threw forums and i remember years back when i was into the console this site was where i came to find everything i was needing so here i am lol here are my ps2 stats
---------------------------
PS2 STATS
V7
Model 39001
console case screws = 8
motherboard GH-019
BIOS 070 - 080

---------------------------------------
As for chip i strongly think the chip is a Magic 3 or v3 the chips that looked almost the same were magic 3 and reading online sites said the magic 3 is very common with ps2 V7

if i can confirm chip and double check i got info on ps2 right then i can try to find out all compatible PlayStation the chip will work in hoping it works in more then just 1 version
-----------
i have 3 pictures of the chip and motherboard on my profile you should be able to just view my profile too have a look

Gaming Hermit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. February 2012 @ 23:32

Advertisement
_
__
_
23. February 2012 @ 22:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I dont seem to have option to delete this post if a admin strolls by could you remove pls tnx

Gaming Hermit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. February 2012 @ 23:35

AfterDawn Addict
_
1. March 2012 @ 02:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah it does look similar to a Magic 3.

In which case it is only good up to V7 I believe

You would be better off too just install fmcb 1.8 to a memory card and use that instead of a modchip.

If you are able to at least even boot Ulaunch.elf on a disc with the PS2 you have, then use it yourself to install fmcb and then you can play games from a USB , or your pc over the Network even.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. March 2012 @ 02:11

_
21. March 2012 @ 23:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey tnx for reply well the PS i have is toast and i lost a bunch of the parts after taking apart so i cant even put back together. sounds you know you're stuff that's what i need is someone to point me in right direction,so what would be best way for me to play my backed up games again, i was looking at a couple skinny's or flats whatever they go by ,one was silver i never seen them before lol so say if i got 1 what would i have to do to get it playing my games i would like to play on console not my PC so when friends are bored they can least play the PS so ,chip? theirs a way to get PS to boot disks from memory card app ?

Gaming Hermit
_
22. March 2012 @ 07:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so i read up online about this fmcb 1.8 sounds like its a good idea i got stuff to do that i just need to pick out a ps2 as it sounds i just need to make sure its not a 8C and nothing over SCPH 75000 ? this sound correct?

Gaming Hermit
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2012 @ 14:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes thats correct. Make sure its not a SCPH -9000x with date past March/08 and 8c

And for other PS2 it goes up to too SCPH- 79000x which is fine for fmcb 1.8

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > pls help determine chip type i got

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork