User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 21:25
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > possible to play ps1 and 2 games with hdd?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Possible to play ps1 and 2 games with HDD?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Ashaya
_
8. December 2012 @ 18:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have looked online, and it is supposedly possible to play ps1 and ps2 ISO's off of an External Hard Drive on PS2, WITHOUT modding. Is this true, and if it is, how do I do it? I haven't been able to access youtube (internet too slow.)

Please help!
_
9. December 2012 @ 05:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you'd want to google softmod (there are various ways to do it) then after you softmod you'd want to install & run a program called hd loader.it should work.use hd loader to boot the iso files on the hard drive.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Kannz
_
11. December 2012 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you cant play ps1 games off the hdd the only thing that will do this is a "in progress" ps1 emulator for the ps2 which last time i looked the sound was disabled on it and its kinda complicated to get it working. best thing to do for ps1 games is either chip a ps2 and play them from a cd-r or chip a ps1(chipping ps1 is so easy). the easiest and best looking way is use the ePSXe ps1 emulator to play ps1 games on your pc instead.
Advertisement
_
__

_
megadunderhead
_
19. December 2012 @ 00:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Kannz:
you cant play ps1 games off the hdd the only thing that will do this is a "in progress" ps1 emulator for the ps2 which last time i looked the sound was disabled on it and its kinda complicated to get it working. best thing to do for ps1 games is either chip a ps2 and play them from a cd-r or chip a ps1(chipping ps1 is so easy). the easiest and best looking way is use the ePSXe ps1 emulator to play ps1 games on your pc instead.
Actually you can but you need the original ps2 40 gig hard drive and a cd called advance hd for ps2 it installs games onto the 40 gig hard drive but only works with the original ps2 hard drive

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. December 2012 @ 00:11

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > possible to play ps1 and 2 games with hdd?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork