User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > question about a pal game
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Question about a PAL game
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tylerDW
_
14. October 2010 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First of all, I apologize if this is being put into the wrong forum section. I have never used a forum with so many categories before and had a little trouble figuring out the most relevant place to post this. If it needs to be moved, by all means please do so.

Anyways, I recently purchased a copy of Final Fantasy X PAL from someone in the UK. I want to play it on my NTSC PS2. I have swap magic, and have gotten it to run just fine. My question concerns the audio syncing. During most "cutscenes" (not the actual CGI cutscenes, but like the regular game cutscenes), the audio effects lag about 2 seconds behind actual character movement. I understand from doing some research that this is probably due to the difference between the signals that we use vs. europe (60 hz vs 50).

My question is, will I be able to fix this issue using only the pal2ntsc with y fix program or is there something else I need to do? I am just not quite sure as to the mechanics of the program and precisely what it does beyond fixing the screen position.

EDIT: Reason I'm asking this question before trying is I'm waiting to get access to a DVD burner at the moment.

EDIT Again: This is going to be a really dumb question, but I'm new to this sort of thing so I'd have no way of knowing. After ripping the ISO and patching it, will you need a new blank DVD to burn the ISO to or is there a way to overwrite the current data on the original game disc?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. October 2010 @ 23:11

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > question about a pal game

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork