User User name Password  

Wednesday 18.9.2024 / 22:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > slow performance in games, modbo 750(possibly) matrix 1.93
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Slow performance in games, Modbo 750(possibly) Matrix 1.93
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Kpu4
_
24. March 2010 @ 12:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The core of the problem in the topic, what can it possibly be? I`ve tried different games, like Metal Slug Anthology, looks like the console runs at half speed, slowly responding to the gamepad like with the ping of some sort. Used PS2 with the HD 42" TV, one of the old ones (CRT), and used it trough USB TV Tuner with PC. None of it worked well. Except CRT had little bit more play speed with the Metal Slug 6, but not with the other ones.

All the games start well, without problems, but at slow game speed and reaction to the controller.

Heard some things about burning ISO at very low speed and such. And possible chip fault in all of this, but do not know what to exclude.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. March 2010 @ 13:02

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. March 2010 @ 13:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What speed are you burning your DVD games at? What media brand are you using? What program do you use to burn with?
It can all make a big difference.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
Kpu4
_
29. March 2010 @ 07:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Using Verbatim DVD-R at 6-10x, burned on 17-20x also with same result on USB-DVD Rom. Used InfraRecorder(Free burner, and not a bad one from my experience), even tried to set it to burn at 1.7x, and he burns at max speed possible anyway. I can be wrong in something still, because problems burning at low speed never chased me like that, so I`d like to try program for burning ISO for PS2, the one proved reliable for this sort of things, but don`t know one.

And one fact bothers me most, got 1 licensed game on the console just for reason to test it, the result was shocking, the problems are the same =\

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. March 2010 @ 07:08

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. March 2010 @ 08:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If your having the same problem with Original PS2 Game, then I would try cleaning your laser next.
You can use rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Clean in a circular motion for about 30 sec.
Then using dry end of q-tip, dry the laser in same manner.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > slow performance in games, modbo 750(possibly) matrix 1.93

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork