User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > toxic bios cd won't boot :(
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Toxic BIOS CD won't boot :(
  Jump to:

Posted Message
aci969
_
22. January 2011 @ 10:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's the deal. I have a 30001 PS2, which would mean V5 or V6, but the motherboard is a GH019. In the bootup menu, it says 39001. So I'm assuming that means that this is a V7. I picked this PS2 up on craigslist, because my DMS4 EZI SE Lite (solderless - I can solder, but not that well!) wouldn't work in my other PS2 for some reason. However, I snapped it all into this new one, and upon pushing Square on bootup, it shows DMS4 is disabled! YAY!
HOWEVER. I have followed EVERY instruction out there as to burning the Toxic BIOS image to a CD and loading it in the PS2. Burned the .cue file in Alc.120, made sure the .cue file led to the .bin file beforehand (Alc. did show the .bin file during the burning setup process), and that they were in the same directory, using a Verbatim CD-R at the lowest burning speed, and yet I still get that damn red screen, "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc."!!! I tried holding Select, as I had seen somewhere, that does nothing, just skips the clouds and swirling colors screen. I've wasted like 3 CD's already. I MUST be doing something wrong... Can anyone please help me out here? I'm just dumbfounded how it seems to be so simple of a fix for everyone else, except for me...lol.
aci969
_
22. January 2011 @ 12:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I should also mention that I got a Gameshark2 V4 disk with this PS2. Is there anything I can do with that?
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > toxic bios cd won't boot :(

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork