User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > toxis os 4.1- cd won't boot
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Toxis OS 4.1- CD won't boot
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Mr_Mustelid
_
10. November 2010 @ 01:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello everyone,

First off, I have a V7 PS2 and I recently modded it with the DMS4 EZI Pro mod chip.
I can tell that the Mod chip is working as when I hold down square it says "DMS has been deactivated" as it should if it is working.

Next thing I did was burnt the Toxic OS .bin file using Nero onto a CD-R disk, following a guide on this site on how.

Problem is no matter how many times I try, it says "Please insert a PS2 or PS1 Disk".

How do I get it to read the disk so I can flash the memory and install Toxic?

Thanks in advance!
_
7. December 2010 @ 19:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Seeing the dms4 disabled just mean that the chip gets power and the bios pins are in correctly. The bios pin on the ezi is the big square like piece. This piece http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/upfiles/23790/A66FA8B190784E2B9FF54C0168D80A5A.jpg is the cd/dvd signals, it tells the system that the disc inserted is a PlayStation disc. You may want to carefully check that piece as well as other pieces, but the square piece I wouldn't touch.
modman77
_
22. December 2010 @ 05:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mr_Mustelid:
Hello everyone,

First off, I have a V7 PS2 and I recently modded it with the DMS4 EZI Pro mod chip.
I can tell that the Mod chip is working as when I hold down square it says "DMS has been deactivated" as it should if it is working.

Next thing I did was burnt the Toxic OS .bin file using Nero onto a CD-R disk, following a guide on this site on how.

Problem is no matter how many times I try, it says "Please insert a PS2 or PS1 Disk".

How do I get it to read the disk so I can flash the memory and install Toxic?

Thanks in advance!
Dude burn the .cue file using ALCOHOL 120%. thats what i used. so simple a kid could do it. Just download the trial version its free. Once burned check th cd it should have 3 files on it; system, zzz.zzz, and a elf file. If your cd dosen't say that then its a bad copy. Also press square when booting your ps2. you should see a messege saying something like "dms4 deactiated" or something like that. If you do see that messege then your install should be good. When loading the cd hold select till the cd boots. then follow the on screen instructions. last take the cd out. reboot the ps2 and hold square. you should go straight to the toxic menu. hope that helps.
P.S. if that dosent work then the ribbon cable on the dps chip might be upside down, that happened to me.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. December 2010 @ 17:59

Advertisement
_
__

_
Mr_Mustelid
_
23. December 2010 @ 00:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you very much Modman. The burn was correct but nowhere I went did it ever say to hold down select, and that is what did the trick =3

The issue is now Resolved!
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > toxis os 4.1- cd won't boot

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork