User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > which hard drive for ps2?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Which Hard drive for PS2?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Goglutin
_
21. December 2010 @ 22:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

My ps2 laser lens is old and now its often skipping as well as having looooooooonnnnggggg load times.

Instead of buying a new lens and then having the same problem again in a while, I chose to buy a Hard Drive. The question is : Which one ? My PS2 is modchipped with a DMS4 with ToxicOs 0.41... so there is no problems for the games to work.

Could you please help me with those matters ?

1 - Would you choose an internal HD or an external one (working through USB). What are the limitations of the PS2 in matter of brand/size/type ?

2 - For internal HD, Which hard disk to buy (brand, size, type)and do I absolutely need a network adapter to make it works ? Where to buy it ?

3 - For external HD, does the new external drive available will work with the PS2. If yes, is it necessary to have one with his own power supply.

Thx to anyone taking his precious time to answer me.

Goglutin
Justwanna
_
1. February 2011 @ 19:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you have a fat ps2 and a network adapter here is the site you can use to find out what hard drive will work http://ps2drives.x-pec.com/?p=list if you have a slim I dont think i can help you. I hope this helps

Michael Becker
hemant81
_
13. May 2011 @ 05:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The Playstation 2 (PS2) does not come with a hard drive, relying instead on memory cards to store game data and other information. You can add a standard computer hard drive to a PS2 Slim which, like the first generation PS2, has a dedicated space provided for inserting a hard drive. You will need a Sony network adapter from a Playstation supply store and a CD hard drive installation disc.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > which hard drive for ps2?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork