User User name Password  

Wednesday 18.9.2024 / 21:54
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > winhiip problems *not anymore* $;)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
WinHiip problems *not anymore* $;)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Scotte420
_
16. December 2009 @ 11:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ive just installed a 200 GB PS2 HDD into my computer, plug and play came up, i cant see the drive letter but a PS2 drive is displayed in WINhiip when asked to select a drive. As soon as i clicked it i got a message saying i had bad partitions and would i like to repair them? I clicked yes and then WinHiip crashes, asks me to message microsoft about the error. At this point, i already know the drive is capable of playing games. Ive only successfully installed one game, Resident Evil CVX and failed with MLB The Show 09 but i figure that game has no protections blahblah thats another issue. So, currently, i have two failed copies of MLB 09 on there in addition to RE CVX. Could this be my problem? As easy as it would be to pull the drive, reinstall in my ps2 and delete them myself, then reinstall in my cpu id like to save a little effort, if possible, Thank you in advance for any help you may provide. Noob here lol
Advertisement
_
__
Scotte420
_
16. December 2009 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Meant to say i cant see the drive letter in my computer. After checking it again, the error message i got said CHECKSUM, so i looked it up in the FAQ and i was told the drive may have been corrupted by windows software...this mean i need a new drive?
Scotte420
_
16. December 2009 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
eeeeee i guess i should have waited, tried the repair functions with winhiip, and though warned, did something to the drive that it wont even let my ps2 boot anymore. reinstalled it to the cpu and winhiip wont even display it. fml. anything i can do doesnt involve trashing the drive?
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. December 2009 @ 19:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok well now you have to just revert it back in your pc

http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7983

After you do that you should be able to use Winhiip again to copy games.
Make sure to select 48bit loader for your 200GB hdd.

Once Winhiip has formatted your drive for PS2, you won't see it your computer

Check here for patches for some games on hddloader, and also check the compatibility list to see if a game works or not

http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=hd.html

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. December 2009 @ 19:46

Scotte420
_
17. December 2009 @ 08:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This doesnt seem to work for me, made it to the last step but there is no ADD PARTITION button and i can only see the C drive plus my virtual drive, removable drives and cd drives. Ya, id say i ruined it
Scotte420
_
17. December 2009 @ 08:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
All i got to help me sleep tonight is the hope that i didnt fully connect the drive lol ill check it in the morning, afternoon for me |)
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. December 2009 @ 22:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I don't think you wrecked it. Could be it was just a bad drive

A good way too check is reboot with drive attached and run 'testdisk'
Its a free program and has restored many a drive for me if they are capable of being restored.

Then if it can restore it, start over to use a PS2 drive.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
Scotte420
_
18. December 2009 @ 12:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Its cool were good to go, thank you very much!
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2009 @ 14:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cool, glad your set.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > winhiip problems *not anymore* $;)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork