User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 22:04
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > help with burning ps1 games
Show topics

Forums
Forums
help with burning ps1 games
  Jump to:

Posted Message

2 product reviews
_
28. September 2012 @ 10:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
use this i know it says dvd in the title but i it will burn it to a cd aswell, i use it for burning Operating system discs ect works fine :)

http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

P.s i use to burn xbox games with this and ps2 games never had a problem with it at all when dealing with iso files :)
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
28. September 2012 @ 13:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you have no use for dvddecrypter other than burning don't bother installing it use imgburn instead,it's the same program updated minus the ripping ability,if you have decrypter installed be warned installing imgburn may update & remove decrypter's ability to rip if you let imgburn do so be sure to untick that option on install

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. October 2012 @ 13:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
If you have no use for dvddecrypter other than burning don't bother installing it use imgburn instead,it's the same program updated minus the ripping ability,if you have decrypter installed be warned installing imgburn may update & remove decrypter's ability to rip if you let imgburn do so be sure to untick that option on install

Am i right in saying the only thing i remember about dvd decrypter is that it didnt have its own burn engine?, my memory is screwed.lmao

join me,and other members here,on the "unofficial" afterdawn live chat channel ->
http://www.adbuddies.org/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. October 2012 @ 13:32

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. October 2012 @ 02:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can't remember,tho if you have it installed then install imgburn it will ask to update it however dong so will remove decrypters ability to rip

Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
5. October 2012 @ 09:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hursty:
Originally posted by scorpNZ:

Am i right in saying the only thing i remember about dvd decrypter is that it didnt have its own burn engine?, my memory is screwed.lmao
Actually it did have a burning engine which at least initially required you to create an image first with a program called ImgTool. Or maybe that was just if you didn't have a program capable of making ISOs properly since I only used it for a short time before buying RecordNow back in 2002.

Now you kids get off my lawn!

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. October 2012 @ 13:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol... @ record now;i had that bundled with an hp external dvd burner around 04-05,bloody good program that

ps355528
_
5. October 2012 @ 17:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How did we get here from the original question about ps1 games?

special routine needed for some.. alcohol120% needed.. tick "playstation" compatibility mode and also "read subchannel data" ... then don't burn above 24x .. I found they were more reliable if you treat rips as if they are heading for an emulator rather than straight "clone" to cd.... i.e. make a toc/bin pair or .img file.

old timers will remember I wrote a stack of guides on this subject some 8 years ago :)

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. October 2012 @ 18:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
minds tend to wander well that's my excuse & i'm stik'n to it :p

ps355528
_
5. October 2012 @ 19:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I guess.. it's old age eh?

Thought I should add some info.. not all the iso images from a certain site work.. lots haven't been ripped properly (deathtrap dungeon, final fantasy 8, skullmonkeys to name a few off the top of my head) .. Most are dirt cheap to buy used when you find a source (except the ff series that fetch stupid money.. I gave mine to a friend like an idiot instead of selling them)

I have a couple of hundred originals, so if anybody gets an iso that just doesn't work it's probably a faulty rip.. send me a pm and I'll have a looksee what I can do :)

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. October 2012 @ 21:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my mind has a mind of its own,think along lines of homer simpson when his brain answers back...lol..

xboxisozone is a good place to go for iso's,they're hosted on their own servers tho the free account doesn't have fast downloads,didn't matter to me they had so many xbox games that i don't have i became a paid member for a year it's not expensive,apparently it's all legal as the games are no longer made,there's ps game iso's as well including partner sites in left column

you should politely ask for your ff back

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > help with burning ps1 games

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork