User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 19:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > apple airport extreme base station
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station
  Jump to:

Posted Message
hotchef
_
15. March 2013 @ 06:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can some one please advise me on the use of a

Is it just a router that you can plug in a hard drive?

If it is just a router is it better than the free one you get from your internet supplier?

Any one who has one, who can advise on its good and bad points would be appreciated

thanks
megadunderhead
_
25. March 2013 @ 09:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by hotchef:

If it is just a router is it better than the free one you get from your internet supplier?

Any one who has one, who can advise on its good and bad points would be appreciated

thanks
I have one i do recommend it you can plug in a usb hard drive into the apple airport but the drive has to be formatted in fat 32 because even apples own router doesn't use the mac format partition now as for the one you get from your isp most isp's give you a garbage router because they can then charge you a lease fee for the router usually this comes to 5.00 to even as high as 20.00 a month additional on your bill for your isp i would recommend getting your own router you would be better off.
megadunderhead
_
25. March 2013 @ 09:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by megadunderhead:
Originally posted by hotchef:

thanks
I have one i do recommend it you can plug in a usb hard drive into the apple airport but the drive has to be formatted in fat 32 because even apples own router doesn't use the mac format partition now as for the one you get from your isp most isp's give you a garbage router because they can then charge you a lease fee for the router usually this comes to 5.00 to even as high as 20.00 a month additional on your bill for your isp i would recommend getting your own router you would be better off.
Good points:

Nice design

simple setup

easy to use interface

Bad points:

still only works with fat 32 partition for external hard drive use
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > mac - general discussion > apple airport extreme base station

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork