User User name Password  

Wednesday 18.9.2024 / 20:59
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > can not install avg internet security
Show topics

Forums
Forums
can not install AVG internet security
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kookie56
_
22. December 2012 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am trying to install AVG Internet Security 2013. The problem is, that I keep getting the following message:
The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This error can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
Severity:Error
Error code: 0xC0070643
Error message: General internal error
Additional message: MSI Engine: Failed to initialize the package.
@AVGMSI_Error 1719
The windows Installer Service could not be accessed. this can occur if your are running Windows in Safe Mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.
Contact your support personnel for assistance. (0xC00706B7)

I have tried AVG and Microsoft for answers and none helped.
Is there anyone who has had this problem or can help me?
I would appreciate any help offered.
Thank you
Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
23. December 2012 @ 04:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you have an older version you probably need to un-install it first to install the new version.Read this article on the AVG forum.

http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?...=show&id=215517

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
kookie56
_
23. December 2012 @ 21:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I went to the site and did what it said.. Everything is the same. I can't even install a different anti-virus program now. I keep getting same message.
Is there anything else?
Thank you
ddp
_
23. December 2012 @ 21:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you have the older version of avg on your computer as still have parts of it both in programs & in the registry?
JST1946
_
23. December 2012 @ 21:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try downloading and use CCleaner and see if it will remove any remnants of the old version of AVG and see what happens.
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/secur...up/ccleaner.cfm

_
24. December 2012 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
try downloading avg to a usb and install it from there.there is another possibility here.you might have picked up some malware.try the usb install first.
tongs007
_
24. December 2012 @ 15:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by kookie56:
I am trying to install AVG Internet Security 2013. The problem is, that I keep getting the following message:
The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This error can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
@AVGMSI_Error 1719
The windows Installer Service could not be accessed. this can occur if your are running Windows in Safe Mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.

Thank you
have you tried pressing fixall in the top right hand corner?
kookie56
_
24. December 2012 @ 18:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tongs007:
Originally posted by kookie56:
@AVGMSI_Error 1719

Thank you
have you tried pressing fixall in the top right hand corner?

What fixall in the top right corner of what?
kookie56
_
24. December 2012 @ 19:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried installing from usb. It didn't work.
Anything else?
Thank you
_
24. December 2012 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
post your operating system specs and a hijack this log.dont fix anything yet,just post log after running scan.if you downloaded an antivirus from another computer and couldnt install from usb,something aint right.you say you havent been able to install any antivirus?how about microsoft security essentials?
kookie56
_
24. December 2012 @ 22:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I will look into Microsoft security essentials
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. December 2012 @ 03:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
better check you can install any type of software to see if registry & system haven't got corrupted somehow

JST1946
_
25. December 2012 @ 03:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can run this program if you are able to install it.It worked pretty good fixing all of my problems.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5314-...ows-repair.html

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. December 2012 @ 03:51

kookie56
_
26. December 2012 @ 15:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I finally gave up and did a complete system restore. I am in the process of re-installing everything, but the avg internet security 2013 installed without any problems.
Thank everyone for their help.
Thank you
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
26. December 2012 @ 19:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
glad its working out for you.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > can not install avg internet security

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork