User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 20:52
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > can't unpack file.winrar says file is corrupt, quickpar says no data found.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can't unpack file.winrar says file is corrupt, quickpar says no data found.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
wheelstb
_
10. April 2014 @ 10:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am trying to get a rar file to unpack. When I look inside the archive with winrar I can see that the file is there. I am starting the unpacking with the first archived file (--> symbol is next to the file.)

When I try to extract the file WinRAR tells me the file is corrupt. I have tried using quickpar to repair the file. When I tried to use quickpar I receive a message saying, no data found.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
ddp
_
10. April 2014 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum as not a "usenet newsgroups" issue.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. April 2014 @ 13:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
check comments on the site download came from, if it appears ok & your positive the hard drive has no corrupted sectors re download or find another source,might pay to preallocate space for it as well

the no data found would suggest exactly that there is something or a part missing or perhaps the whole lot,so what if you can see a file or container it doesn't mean there's anything in it,ok so it says in properties x amount of allocated space that means nothing all it's telling you is space has been pre-allocated the container can still be empty

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > can't unpack file.winrar says file is corrupt, quickpar says no data found.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork