User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:29
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > convert to dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Convert to DVD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
12. February 2013 @ 18:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi
I'm sure this must have been posted before, but can anyone direct me to a decent DVD converter, one that will convert avi's, mp4's, divx etc etc.

I've tried Flick DVD and AVStoDVD. Flick DVD took 3 hours then crashed on me, and AVStoDVD was very poor quality.

I essentially need something that will combine a subtitle file, can create an ISO file and can convert to DVD/ISO without much loss to the quality. Not too fussed about creating fancy menu's either

I don't mind paying a couple of bob for something decent.

By the way, I'm not tech savvy. I don't know much about encoding bitrates or QUenc ot HenC.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. February 2013 @ 19:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Many opt for ConvertXtoDVD for paid software.
I think AVStoDVD is excellent inasmuch as DVD Flick is now abandonware.
In any case the quality of the output is not going to be better than the source - silk purses out of sow's ears etc.
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
13. February 2013 @ 15:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
themonkey
_
7. March 2013 @ 03:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been using ConvertX2Dvd for some time - both version 4 and now version 5. Never had a problem and completed Dvd's seem to run on almost anything. Well worth the money IMO and hassle free.
Support has been excellent and updates are automatic.
(I have no affiliation with the vendor, just a satisfied user).

Not sure about ISO's as I have never had the occasion to use one.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. March 2013 @ 03:53

_
8. March 2013 @ 18:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for all the input guys.
I tried ConvertXtoDVD and then AVStoDVD and prefer the AVStoDVD. It's less fidgety and I can't fault the results.

Thanks again to everyone who posted :)
Advertisement
_
__

_
permatex
_
9. March 2013 @ 17:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have used convertxtodvd and 4media dvd creator.for quality and speed im going with 4media dvd creator
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > convert to dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork