User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > google voice quit making outbound phone calls.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Google voice quit making outbound phone calls.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
wheelstb
_
18. September 2013 @ 18:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm a fairly regular user of Google voice. It was working fine until one day just stopped making outbound phone calls.

The problem is I click on the connect button it says "calling you" but nothing happens. I have Google talk or whatever program necessary to run Google voice installed on my computer. As I said, everything was running fine I made no changes but it just stoped working.

I don't know if it is still taking inbound calls, since I can't make outbound calls I don't use it.

Thank you in advance for the help.
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
19. September 2013 @ 00:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
have you tried a system restore to before that problem started?
wheelstb
_
19. September 2013 @ 13:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No I have not. Mainly because I do not remember when the problem started.

I rely pretty heavily upon speech recognition software. The program really does not like system restores. So I try to use them sparingly.
ddp
_
19. September 2013 @ 13:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can also re-install the program.
wheelstb
_
19. September 2013 @ 13:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The more we talked the more I think doing a reformat is the best way to go.

I have been working off of the same build for about three years. I know there are several different positions on if it is necessary to reformat on occasion. Even with meticulous system maintenance, I notice a big boost in speed and performance if I reformat every handful of months.

I have just been avoiding reformatting because I know that when I do there will be something I wish I would have backed up but I forgot about.

Thanks for the advice, I do appreciate it.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. September 2013 @ 13:40

ddp
_
19. September 2013 @ 15:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
do you have a spare drive just a bit bigger than windows & programs installed?
wheelstb
_
19. September 2013 @ 23:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't think I have anything that would work for that.

I imagine your next point is going to be making an image of the hard drive. It's something I always intended to do but, when the installation was relatively new I never did it for one reason or another.I will definitely be sure to do it the next time I reformat.
Advertisement
_
__

_
ddp
_
20. September 2013 @ 10:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes on the image.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > google voice quit making outbound phone calls.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork