User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:34
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > how to recover over written video's
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to recover over written video's
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dasardhi
_
28. February 2013 @ 06:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a laptop with XP Prof OS & four partitions in NTFS format (C,D,E & F drives). Six months back I changed the OS into Windows 7 (Not in quick format mode). But, the OS is not functining properly. So, again I changed the OS to XP Prof. in normal formating mode. For OS I used "C" drive only. Remaining drives are not formatted.

I kept all my video's & photos in "F" drive.

Now, Whatever the video files are there in previous XP Prof. OS(Useing XP OS is the same CD with key before & present)those are not playing. Photos are also not opening. It says, data is over written(video's (avi format)/JPEG format photos). I used Stellar phonics data recovery tool & few other data recovery softwares. I am able to recover all those video's & photes with the name and date which I gave, But, those are not opening. All my efforts are in vain. How can I restore those videos again?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. February 2013 @ 06:24

Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
28. February 2013 @ 06:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can try and use this program called Recuva and see if it works.You can download it from this link below from Afterdawn.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/deskt...very/recuva.cfm

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
dasardhi
_
5. March 2013 @ 04:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dear JST1946,
I tryied with Recuva. I downloaded from the link given by you. But, unfortunately the result is not fruitful. Anyhow, thank you very much for your support.
_
25. April 2013 @ 23:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this isnt an ipod we are talking about here.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
26. April 2013 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The data on f shouldn't require any recovery if it wasn't formatted & was left intact when you installed whatever,when you access drive F from windows you should see the files that were there before is this the case

ddp
_
26. April 2013 @ 14:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
spammer spammed.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Silver3061
_
2. August 2013 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I need to recover some video files from my Canon Legria which I'm afraid were overwritten. Does anyone knows if this is possible. Many thanks for any help.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > how to recover over written video's

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork