User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:14
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > how to update my software isting to the latest version?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to update my software isting to the latest version?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
uer
_
26. July 2013 @ 15:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
the version of my software listed is totally outdated and while I've sent like a dozen of emails to the staff for updating it, I've never got a replied back
Does anyone know how can I update my software's listing or
whom to to contact ?
thanks
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
26. July 2013 @ 17:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what software are you talking about?
uer
_
27. July 2013 @ 04:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
what software are you talking about?
Hi and thank you very much for replying.

The app is Unrar Extract and Recover .The listing has version 2.5, which goes years back and lacks a lot of features,while the intermittent updates like 3.0,4.0,4.5 have never been included.

And, last month there was a brand new version released which also changed the name from Unrar Extract and Recover to Ultimate Extract and Recover to point out that this version is like a new app and not just as the usual update.

Can you let me know how can I update the listing ?
_
27. July 2013 @ 11:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well,sometimes the name changes,but the song remains the same.personally,between 7zip and win7 ive not needed another compressed file extractor.is there a problem using it under the new name?
ddp
_
27. July 2013 @ 12:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum.
uer
_
27. July 2013 @ 16:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum.
Sorry, what does "moved to correct forum" mean?
also,is there an answer to my issue ?
thanks
uer
_
27. July 2013 @ 16:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by aldan:
well,sometimes the name changes,but the song remains the same
true, but in this case it is a complete re-write from scratch, which allowed for far more advanced features than the previous versions, hence the name change is an attempt to make that stand out. It's a marketing move that I don't know if it will be successful though....
_
27. July 2013 @ 18:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just to clarify,this program is free? does the new version do what you are looking for? looked pretty good to me.
ddp
_
27. July 2013 @ 18:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
uer, you had posted this thread in the wrong forum which is why i moved it to the correct forum.
uer
_
28. July 2013 @ 02:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by aldan:
just to clarify,this program is free? does the new version do what you are looking for? looked pretty good to me.
still free.It does everything the previous version did, but amongst others, the biggest additions to the new version is traversing sub directories and handling files with names written in any language (Unicode)
ddp
_
28. July 2013 @ 18:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
are you talking about that 2.5 version software on this site because if do then contact site admin like drd, ketola or dela?
uer
_
29. July 2013 @ 09:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
are you talking about that 2.5 version software on this site because if do then contact site admin like drd, ketola or dela?
yes,I'd like the 2.5 version to be updated ( overwrite the old listing,not create a new one) to the newest version which is "Ultimate Extract and Recover 1.0 (formerly Unrar Extract and Recover)" and link to the correct url which is www.ultimate.nvglabs.com

So should I directly contact someone of drd, ketola or dela?

thanks
ddp
_
29. July 2013 @ 14:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes.
uer
_
20. August 2013 @ 16:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes.
nope,nothing moves......

I've pm'ed the admins,no reply
I've filled the "Submit software update" forms twice,nothing
I've filled the contact forms, nothing again

any other ideas ?

thanks
Advertisement
_
__

_
ddp
_
20. August 2013 @ 16:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
they could be on holidays as it is the summer time. i've had that happen with me when selected as a moderator for this site & drd was on holidays.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > how to update my software isting to the latest version?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork