User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 20:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > itunes not finding metadata
Show topics

Forums
Forums
iTunes not finding metadata
  Jump to:

Posted Message
B1gDRock
_
6. January 2014 @ 03:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If I look in my music folder on my pc and sort by artist, I can see that in my entire library there are only 28 songs without any metadata. I can look at my library in another media player (MediaMonkey) and it too says I only have 28 songs without metadata. However, in iTunes, it says that I have 172 different songs without metadata. Every track is accounted for but for some reason it is not recognizing the id3 tags. Prior to wiping my harddrive, the exact same library had tags on every track in iTunes. I can deal with fixing 28, but not 172. Anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? I feel that the information is in the files somewhere, but for some reason my itunes isn't finding it. Help please!
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
8. January 2014 @ 22:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi there personally i have a tone of tracks like this and dont worry about it but I did a little digging for you and found the following page I hope it helps you.

link

Also I found this on the Apple support page as well

link

Hope it helps and keep us posted on how things go

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
B1gDRock
_
14. January 2014 @ 04:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the response. I've decided to go through everything and re-clean up my library using media monkey. I just recently finished so hopefully when I transfer back to itunes it will work the second time. The problems with your suggestions is mainly that it only works for songs that were directly ripped from cd's on this same pc. Since only part of my library is like this, it leaves all the other tracks unchanged.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
19. January 2014 @ 20:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by B1gDRock:
Thanks for the response. I've decided to go through everything and re-clean up my library using media monkey. I just recently finished so hopefully when I transfer back to itunes it will work the second time. The problems with your suggestions is mainly that it only works for songs that were directly ripped from cd's on this same pc. Since only part of my library is like this, it leaves all the other tracks unchanged.
Not a prob understand what you mean.
I hope you get your music back up and running.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > itunes not finding metadata

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork