User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 20:52
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > mysearch search engine
Show topics

Forums
Forums
mysearch search engine
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
1. January 2014 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I downloaded a program from the internet and included in the download was a search engine (mysearch) which I didnt want.
However after I installed the program the mysearch engine also installed and now I cannot get rid of it. It has also set itself up as my homepage,everytime I change it keeps reinserts itself.
How can I get rid of it ????????????????
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
1. January 2014 @ 12:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum. goto add/remove programs to uninstall that search engine. goto internet options in control panel. goto to the general tab, highlight the current homepage & type in the homepage you want.
_
1. January 2014 @ 12:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks ddp the search engine is not displayed in add & remove programs I also changed homepage name pressed apply & ok but when I go on line again it reverts back to mysearch
ddp
_
1. January 2014 @ 13:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
go into advanced tab in internet options & select "reset internet explorer settings".
_
1. January 2014 @ 14:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i hate to say this and i could be wrong,but if it keeps changing your homepage to mysearch or any pages to mysearch then it sounds like you might have a browser redirect malware/virus.

also you might wanna check plugins/add-ons for your browser as it might just be a setting or plugin hiding in there.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. January 2014 @ 14:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Download and run these removers and it should take care of mysearch.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode to your Desktop.

? Close all open programs and internet browsers.
? Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
? Click on Scan and then Clean buttons.
? A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.
? Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.
? Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.
? The tool will open and start scanning your system.
? Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.
? On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. January 2014 @ 14:48

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
2. January 2014 @ 10:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks to all subscribers for your input.I downloaded Malwarebytes scanned laptop and yes problem solved. Once again thanks
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > mysearch search engine

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork