User User name Password  

Wednesday 18.9.2024 / 21:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > recovering partions
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Recovering Partions
  Jump to:

Posted Message
DusTLuv
_
19. September 2012 @ 18:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello Everyone,

So I accidentally formatted 1.5TB off of my external HDD. I'm currently running ParetoLogic Data Recovery to fix the problem. Now it has found a lot of files and still is doing so but is it possible to recover the lost data into it's original folders? It has found the folders as well but I need the data to go in otherwise I won't know what file goes where since they are mostly programs. A lot will probably share the same name too.

So essentially 1. Can they be restored into their original folders and 2. What are the best programs

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
_
__
mrslicker
_
25. September 2012 @ 16:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That can be done. I had a similar problem, but i forget what i did to fix it.
Try out GetDataBack for NTFS. They have it for FAT, too. One of the recovery scenarios is Systematic File System Damage I.E. format or fdisk
it is at least at ver. 4.00

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. September 2012 @ 16:48

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. September 2012 @ 21:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
do a forum search for others that ask for data recovery ddp has listed numerous links to recovery software

getdataback is NOT free & extremely expensive however it is the one i use,tho i didn't buy it get my drift

ok you know not to recover data to the drive your attempting to retrieve from,so you'll need another hdd DO NOT WRITE TO THE DAMAGED DRIVE ONLY READ

data recovery software will automatically recover to folders that data was contained in however if you did a destructive reformat & not quick you may run into naming problems etc,so the recovery software should place all files in correct folder

if getdataback can't retrieve data or whatever it's safe to assume data is gone you may however now attempt partition recovery by using minitool or easeus both are free do this as a last resort

ddp
_
25. September 2012 @ 22:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
26. September 2012 @ 02:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yep

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > recovering partions

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork