User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 20:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > utilising a 4gb sdhc card
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Utilising a 4GB SDHC card
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Mah-jonng
_
14. February 2014 @ 11:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I want to place any program onto a 4GB SDHC card, to use like a USB flash drive, so that it can run during bootup for Vista!

So, the questions is: what drivers or files do you need to place onto a SD or SDHC card, without reverse engineering etc - if possible, to enable any program to run during boot up for Vista?

But, please note 2 things:

1. I do not want place the whole Vista operating system because it is already installed
on this laptop;

and

2. Although I have not received a full or proper answer yet I will not mention at this
stage any method or procedure that I have tried, any company or person that I have
contacted or any website that I have visited!

But, what I can mention is: have tried 2 methods/instructions which I found on the internet after a deep search. Both failed!

Also, have tried P E Builder. But I have not been successful in acheiving 'it', yet!!

So, can you help by providing me with a detailed answer or directing me to a website where I will find a 'well used' method/procedure?

Thank you for your patience in this matter and I do look forward to receiving your reply soon in the near future.

From

Mr Berwyn H Price
Advertisement
_
__
Mah-jonng
_
27. February 2014 @ 19:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi everyone,

I do not want to anyone to think that I am impatient but it has been 14 days since I posted this message!

So, in reference to that statement I have a question: has anyone, especially a computer expert, read my message or request?

If anyone has read this post then why have you not a least replied with a solution or an acknowledgement?

Please note: if I do not receive a reply, at least a confirmation, then I will have no choice but to delete this post and maybe unsubscribe. I cannot wait for a reply indefinitely!

Thank you from

Mr Berwyn H Price
_
27. February 2014 @ 20:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
in googling this i just have one question,why? sd and sdhc card are memory cards and are for storing data on.if you want a program to run at startup in vista there is an option to do that but i dont see it being easy or even possible to do the way you want.i am curious though as to the benefits of doing this.its likely that you have not received a reply for the simple reason that nobody has run across this before.ive been on this site since 2006 or so and ive never seen anything pertaining to this.on a lighter note you may have better luck with google as there appears to be info on this out there.maybe just not here.
Mah-jonng
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Aldan,
Originally posted by aldan:
in googling this i just have one question,why? sd and sdhc card are memory cards and are for storing data on.if you want a program to run at startup in vista there is an option to do that but i dont see it being easy or even possible to do the way you want.i am curious though as to the benefits of doing this.its likely that you have not received a reply for the simple reason that nobody has run across this before.ive been on this site since 2006 or so and ive never seen anything pertaining to this.on a lighter note you may have better luck with google as there appears to be info on this out there.maybe just not here.
Hi Aldan,

Thank you for your reply to my message.

Took note of your reply. I will respond
soon to explain further and to answer
your questions - just need time to
think.

Thank you again - will reply soon

From

Mr Berwyn H Price
_
27. February 2014 @ 21:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ya got me curious.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
28. February 2014 @ 04:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm curious as to why.I know something that may be helpful , when booting you have to hit 1 of the f keys ( i was trying to go into safe mode other week and did it, i'm not 100% sure which 1 i was pressing ) it will load boot order, if the sd card shows up in boot order you can try and boot straight from it.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > utilising a 4gb sdhc card

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork