User User name Password  

Saturday 7.9.2024 / 20:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > second-generation psp vita will lose proprietary charging port
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Second-generation PSP Vita will lose proprietary charging port
  Jump to:

The following comments relate to this news article:

Second-generation PSP Vita will lose proprietary charging port

article published on 15 October, 2013

Sony PlayStation executive Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed that the upcoming PSP Vita 2000 model will lose Sony's own proprietary charger. In its place will be a standard microUSB, which should allow for easier charging (and cheaper replacement chargers). Sony has been moving towards standardized ports recently, on their smartphones and smartwatches. The PCH-2000 model is so far only ... [ read the full article ]

Please read the original article before posting your comments.
Posted Message
bigfamei
_
15. October 2013 @ 02:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for joining 2008
Advertisement
_
__
_
15. October 2013 @ 02:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh I thought it was talking about the original PSP's. I thought the new one was just the PSVita? I was thinking why does it matter what they're doing with the old ones.
Mysttic
_
15. October 2013 @ 07:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Also should be noticed the screen is smaller and no longer OLED
_
15. October 2013 @ 08:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Meanwhile, in Cupertino...

"You know, it seems that quotes on the internet are becoming less and less reliable." -Abraham Lincoln.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. October 2013 @ 08:59

jookycola
_
15. October 2013 @ 09:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They NEED to dump the proprietary memory if they want these to succeed. Until they move to standard Micro SD's they'd make a killing on these.

hearme0
_
15. October 2013 @ 13:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sony needs to dump proprietary EVERYTHING on products that are irrelevant when compared to all other choices.......like a Vita.

I've never seen anyone using a PS Vita. Crap, garbage and a waste of money for most!!!!

About as useful as a screen door on a sub.
Advertisement
_
__

_

13 product reviews
_
15. October 2013 @ 14:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by jookycola:
They NEED to dump the proprietary memory if they want these to succeed. Until they move to standard Micro SD's they'd make a killing on these.

Honestly, this is the one thing keeping me from owning one. I'd even settle for a mod or adapter. Anything. I just refuse to spend any money on their crummy, exorbitantly priced memory cards.

Related links
Visit our PSP forums located at our sister site, Blasteroids.com!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
psp games not reading 3 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP Custom Firmware Malfunction 4 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
I cant see my psp games after changing the speed 333 5 9. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
Whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004? 5 19. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP won't turn on or charge 2 18. January 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
Psp go games gone all in saved utility data does not work 4 7. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
need help with my first generation psp!!! 3 20. December 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion
help mod my PSP 5 8. October 2013 Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion
Help Needed Psp 2000 Backlight super dim 5 25. September 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > second-generation psp vita will lose proprietary charging port

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork