User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 16:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > all other topics > how to backup a securom game with alcohol help please
Show topics

Forums
Forums
how to backup a securom game with alcohol help please
  Jump to:

Posted Message
pete1987
_
14. June 2010 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi
I am trying to backup RCT3 Deluxe edition, I want to be able to play it on others computers that I own, but it is protected by Securom. I am using Alcohol 2.0.0(Build 1331) and here is details detected by it -

[I] PiD Version 0.0.0.1
[I] Drive scan on (E:) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-116D (1:0)
[I] Scanning the medium in the selected drive.
[I] Securom 7 (or higher) detected (000000008)

I have tried to copy it by using the securom *NEW (4/5/7) setting for reading and burning, I have set my Read speed at 8x, I have set Datatype securom *NEW (4/5/7) setting again and 4x (Buffer under technology and burn RMPS to recordable media are tick with the settings), Than I am asked for the DPM measuring speed I set this to 6x (Anything under and it seems to Fail for some reason), it reads and then I burn it I can get it to work and the computer that I am running alcohol on with "Ignore Media" Type And "RMPS Emulation" tick but I can?t get it to work on my other computer as I get the following error messages "please insert Original Disc instead of a Backup. See www.securom.com/copy for more details", have I done something wrong for this not to work on my others computer (as I think I backed up the Sims 3 in the same way and I can install and play the game from a backup)

Any help would be appreciated thanks Pete
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. June 2010 @ 14:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sims 3 might have a different securom protection than RCT3. Back in the old'n days we could bypass securom with "RMPS Emulation" and be able to play but things have changed since then and alcohol does not do what it used to do (sad to say).

There are no burners that can give you a true 1:1 backup of securom protected games so we can throw that out the window. The only way we can do things now is a "No-cd krak"

Sorry to say Pete....you will not be able to make a working backup of this game.
pete1987
_
14. June 2010 @ 16:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok thanks for the fast reply, a backup would of come in useful as disc do scratch easily
Related links
Download Alcohol 120% burning software here.
Download Alcohol 52% CD emulator from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Ethanol/Alcohol in gas, is it worth the price? 27 26. September 2012 Safety valve
Burning PSX games with Alcohol 120% 1 27. May 2012 PS2 - CD backup discussion
Alcohol 120 Help 2 14. November 2011 PS2 - CD backup discussion
alcohol peoblems 1 17. January 2010 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
Alternative to rubbing alcohol for a quick lense clean attempt 7 2. December 2009 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Alcohol 52% program info 7 4. August 2009 Windows - Software discussion
dvd +&- R burning error with nero, alcohol, and . Should i buy a new dvd rom drive? 2 25. May 2009 DVD / Blu-ray drives
How to use alcohol 120% 4 19. May 2009 All other topics
PS2 Game back ups failure using Alcohol 120% 2 4. April 2009 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > all other topics > how to backup a securom game with alcohol help please

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork