User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 16:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - games > what do u need to play xbox live?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
What do u need to play Xbox Live?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
PearlMilk
_
25. February 2006 @ 14:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yestoday I was bored because my sister was on the computer.
I thought of playing Xbox LIVE when my sister is on the computer, and when she goes off i'l go on..

I got an xbox (When it first came out) and Cable internet(512kbps,Motorola SB4200 Modem).
The thing is.. that my computer and the modem is downstairs and i have to play xbox upstairs.. (around 10-15 meters).

Wat do i need to play Xbox live? Wat do i have to buy? (Need stuff that is cheap :P lol)

Thanks for your help

<< Pear| M!|K TeA~ >>
tocool4u
Suspended permanently
_
25. February 2006 @ 15:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You need a way to connect to the internet to your xbox and an xboxlive subscription......I would recommend getting the Starter Kt it comes with a demo,Subscription, and headset...
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. February 2006 @ 11:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah a starter kit is a good idea, but they can be pricey.
Get a $12 crossover cable, a $20 headset and an Xbox Live subscription and that is all you really need.

Or just download Xlink Kai or XB Connect and you can play online for free. You would still need the crossover cable, the headset is optional. plus they do not detect modded xboxes and will not ban you for such trivial things as swapping out your HDD for a bigger one.

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
28. February 2006 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
great ideas.. but are you you should be able to do the wireless on it. you should be able to just get a wireless router and an adapter like this one.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Adapter-C-13...

that way you can be playing online while your sister is online on the computer..
you could also hardwire it in.. but you said you were 10-15 meters away..

or am i missing something

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. February 2006 @ 12:02

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - games > what do u need to play xbox live?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork