User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:08
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > tuneup utilities
Show topics

Forums
Forums
TuneUp Utilities
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kkre4605
_
17. March 2006 @ 10:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
okay I have another quick question now, I use this program to clean my comp and its great (apart from internet optimistaion which I had some trouble with in the past). But I was just wandering what everyone elses optimum settings are for memory optimiser, and do u set it to manual settings or automatic?

Also on a related topic, when I do ctrl alt delete, I go to my task manager and processes, and I have alot of them running. the only things that i want to be running automatically are memroy optimiser, ad watch and avg, can the others be deleted if they are not needed? Basically does anybody know the names of processes which are neccessary for your comp to run so I can delete the rest?
Advertisement
_
__
The_Fiend
Suspended permanently
_
18. March 2006 @ 04:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
9 out of 10 running processes are running for a good reason, so i wouldn't go and stop them if i where you.
You can't just run the processes you want and "delete the rest", it just doesn't work that way.
wanttono
_
12. November 2013 @ 15:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have had this for over a year and had zero problems .. other than ithe ones i did myself I leave it on default normal
ddp
_
12. November 2013 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you know this is at least a 7yr old thread, don't you?
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. December 2013 @ 16:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by kkre4605:
okay I have another quick question now, I use this program to clean my comp and its great (apart from internet optimistaion which I had some trouble with in the past). But I was just wandering what everyone elses optimum settings are for memory optimiser, and do u set it to manual settings or automatic?

Also on a related topic, when I do ctrl alt delete, I go to my task manager and processes, and I have alot of them running. the only things that i want to be running automatically are memory optimizer, ad watch and avg, can the others be deleted if they are not needed? Basically does anybody know the names of processes which are necessary for your comp to run so I can delete the rest?
The reason your computer runs so slow is probably due to multiple malware infestations. Google 'server side polymorphic malware'. They have been out for years and there is no really good way to remove them other than to format your C: drive and go back to factory defaults. There are ways to prevent infections but no cure once infected. The malware forum might get you passibly clean by finding the less stealthy ones but not the ones that replace software that should be running. It has the same functionality as the file it replaced but the new one does a bit more. Those will never be detected. What are they doing? Stealing your personal data and doing illegal ?things? on the internet which you can be held liable for.
ddp
_
4. December 2013 @ 16:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
7yr old thread.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
4. December 2013 @ 21:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
think Frankenstein regarding thread

it's alive ! alive!

ddp
_
5. December 2013 @ 19:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i thought that was the "mummy".
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. December 2013 @ 19:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
not sure if that's it's intended or not "mummy" however it's appropriate the thread rising from the dead

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. December 2013 @ 11:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mez:
The malware forum might get you passibly clean

It's dead Mez.. Just bury it! I don't have enough garlic to kill the smell. LOL
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - software discussion > tuneup utilities

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork