Show topics

Forums
Forums
Another xbox question
  Jump to:

Posted Message
TheHouse
_
30. March 2006 @ 12:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright i got the surreal64 emulator on my xbox right now but when i put a rom on my xbox i cant play it in the emulator. Anyone can help me out its greatly apreciated thanks.

Mike.
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. April 2006 @ 09:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you put the roms in the same folder as your emulator?
I know that the N64 roms have been sketchy for me, i have had a real problem getting tem to work with any of the 3 emulators that are in the surreal64. I didn't try more than a few times as all my other systems worked fine.

_
7. April 2006 @ 13:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When you say you can't play it, do you mean you can't *see* it in the emulator menu? Or does it not load?

A *LOT* of n64 roms don't load, because there simply is not enough power to run a lot of them. I've heard that by adding more memory, this problem canbe almost 100% resolved. It requires some skill, but not too much. There are two extra memory banks open on the system's motherboard, which you can solder on a specific 32mb memory module, and homebrew software will detect and use it fine.

But, more specifically, are you not detecting the actual files, or are they not loading? And what format extensions are they?

"Its not stupid, its advanced!" - The Almighty Tallest, Invader Zim
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - games > another xbox question

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork