User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 16:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - games > teamxecuter links and other nostalgia...
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Teamxecuter links and other nostalgia...
  Jump to:

Posted Message
New2solda
_
22. February 2009 @ 16:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've discovered that soldering isn't so impossible that I tried to chip my xbox.

I did, and it still works. I got a Duo X2 chip, flashed bank zero with a red-ring of death and am afraid to re-flash bank 1 (did it with X2 4981.06).

My box is v1.4 and I appreciate I should have chosen a more modern chip.

Because a lot of posts for xbox point to teamexecutor.com which are always now an invalid link I can't find what I need.

Is there an archive of this material somewhere? If not will X2 5035 work on V1.4 - will it be any better than 4981? Oh and how do I flash it?

If there are no good answers here; what should I chip the V1.4 with?
Advertisement
_
__
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
22. February 2009 @ 21:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I posted a great link earlier to a flashing guide..

I could probably write that myself.. but why reinvent the wheel? http://www.rejoy.se/forum/index.php?showtopic=170
New2solda
_
23. February 2009 @ 15:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cheers! Thanks for that. It does sound like I'm stuck with the 4981.06 bios as I've killed the Cromwell with copy/b +4981.06.bin +4981.06.bin bios.bin - should have used Xbtool, but I found this in a bat file. Should have known better than to trust it.

Is there any way to reflash bank 1 with, say, 4983.06?

I would be reluctant to do this with a hot swap of a new chip; I really would prefer to use a programmer if one exists for the Duox2.

If there isn't a programmer, how likely is it that I'll end with killing the xbox and/or the chips doing a hot-swap?

Any advice here would be very much appreciated.
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
23. February 2009 @ 15:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know anything about the x2 .. never seen one. I guess reading this http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t411395.html you are stuffed.
Advertisement
_
__

_
New2solda
_
23. February 2009 @ 16:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I did suspect that I had one chance to flash; well 2 in my case - really glad I didn't get the lite chip!

I went for the duox2 because it was cheap - and I wasn't sure I could handle the soldering...

Now i've done it and confident enough to try a ?30-?50 chip - what one would work best with a v1.4 xbox?

Thanks for the link; and in advance should you have an answer.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - games > teamxecuter links and other nostalgia...

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork