User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > modchip install problems, only get black screen?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
MOdchip install problems, only get black screen?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
DAN0
_
12. May 2004 @ 04:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I just installed a majic 3.2 on my version 4 PS2. On start up all I get is a flicker and then a black screen. Disc door will open and close and power/ reset switch lights work. Disc does not spin or laser light up.
I have checked my connnections. I used the AWG 30 you supplied. Should I use bigger wire for the ground and power?
Are the fuses the solid black bigger cubes on the board (with numbers like 50) or are they the flatter and smaller squares with silver ends like resistors?

Thanks Dan
ShadowNyt
_
12. May 2004 @ 17:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello Dan,

Double check that you have reconnected all your ribbon cables correctly - and that the ribbon cable has not pulled loose from the sled side of the laser ribbon cable.

Yes the fuses are the larger parts with the numbers printed on them plus the board near them will be marked with PS0xxx.

If your power and ground lines are longer than 3 cm then I would use thicker AWG22 wire.

Also with the V4 check the connections near the CD/DVD controller that go on the vias and the chip legs.

Lastly - maybe you should not have bought a weird clone - no such thing as a Magic 3.2 - the Magic went from Magic3.0, Magic3.1 to MagicV.

Pioneer DVR-108B V1.14
Athlon XP3000+ (1GB RAM)
Leadtech NVIDIA FX 5900 ultra
http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laser.html
http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/ps2tips.htm
DAN0
_
13. May 2004 @ 08:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks, I'm working. Checked everthing over - tightened the ribbins redid some joints. I believe I found a bridge. I'm having some read problems sometimes so think I may need my lense cleaned. I'm new to this so didn't know it was a wierd clone. - shoul've checked here first.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > modchip install problems, only get black screen?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork