User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > a couple questions for my mod
Show topics

Forums
Forums
A couple questions for my mod
  Jump to:

Posted Message
snooch
_
14. May 2004 @ 20:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well.. now that the new beatmania came out in Japan only. I finally have a reason to mod my ps2. Ive read up in the forums about various options.. swap discs, magic, dm3, etc...

But, because of all the options, i cant figure out exactly which chip i need. So i figured id just post all the info on my ps2 and then, hopefully, someone will point me to exactly what i need to get and where.

All i really need is to be able to play the newest imports, but being able to play backups would be nice also (dvdr & cdr).. The easier the install the better as my soldering skills are weak...

If install is over my head maybe someone can tell me where to ship it off to for professional install.

Heres my system info:
Model# SCPH-39001

thanks
snooch
_
14. May 2004 @ 22:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a follow up to my post.. after a chip will my ps2 be compatiable with all those weird special japanese controllers. In my case the beatmania II DX Controller. Id hate to spend over 100 bucks for a controller and not be able to use it.
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
15. May 2004 @ 19:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Snooch:

Get a Duo installed in that V7 system of yours. Its cheap and will work perfectly for what you want. And yes your controller will work with modchip inside. My next door neighbor got that beat mania game and controller package in the mmail the other day and it works fine. I installed a Magic V in that system though because thats the chip he bought. You'll be fine.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > a couple questions for my mod

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork