User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:49
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - software discussion > newby to the mod scene (nob)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Newby to the Mod Scene (nob)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
The_Dark
_
16. May 2004 @ 04:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey all just wandering if I can some help with setting up my xbox correctly

1)I have the xecuter2 pro chip but no idea what model(any tools to find out which model?)

2) I got recomened to install the Evolution X build 3935 model.. I have searched and searched (no luck) for directions hope this the correct wording flash my bios? I tried using craxtion but not shore if I put the correct file in there

3)All the things I have read said use a CD-RW why is that?

4)Have read also you need a dump file...whats that?
Advertisement
_
__
me_me_me
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
20. May 2004 @ 00:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im also a newbie but i know a few things

to find evolutiox have a look on **edited** from what i know you will need the old version of evox then install the new evox after you ftp your xbox to your pc.

Your xbox will only read CD-RW, DVD-R and DVD-RW no one knows of a cd that works on an xbox so use a CD-RW, If the CD-RW you get doesnt work at first you have either done it wrong or the CD-RW your have chosen doesnt work so but another one.
If you dont know to make evox boot off a cd you need to make an xiso the burn it through nero (or something else that burns .iso files)

Hope this has helped in someway.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. May 2004 @ 08:55

_
20. May 2004 @ 06:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
STOP GIVING OUT ILLEGAL LINKS me_me_me evolution X is ILLEGAL read the god dam rules you idiot

You are reading a mindless signature, please stop reading it now it is mindless, one can only presume you are mindless since you are still reading this mindless signature, Oh my god get a life you mindless person, whats the matter with you, dont you have a girlfreind? mindless mindless mindless
ProMod33
_
21. May 2004 @ 19:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you dont need an old version... I did mine on a cd-rw with a samsung drive and it opened the 2.5 mb. file. then you ftp and whatever you want.

AH! Monkey's will KILL us ALL!
andres200
_
21. May 2004 @ 20:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my friend's and my xbox both can read cdrs certain ones

i have a samsung drive and he has a philips
Advertisement
_
__

_
ProMod33
_
26. May 2004 @ 08:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
about 75% of all xbox's with samsung drives will read cd-r'

AH! Monkey's will KILL us ALL!
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - software discussion > newby to the mod scene (nob)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork