User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > can you upgrade a modchip?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can you upgrade a modchip?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Jaylek55
_
19. May 2004 @ 20:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was wondering is it possible to remove one modchip and install another? I ask since I have the Neo4 and and feel that the swap trick is going to get annoying fast. If so, what chip would be best? My PS2 model is the 30001.
qbano
_
20. May 2004 @ 02:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if you are planing on installing it your self i would go with the DUO only $17 and works as good as the expensive chips..i wouldnt want to install anything eles in a v1-v4...the installation is a breeze compared to the other chips..only 17 wires
Jaylek55
_
20. May 2004 @ 05:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the info. However, since I know nothing about installing, I would have to get someone else to do this for me. I'd have to get the chip and someone who'd be willing to remove the Neo4 and install the DUO. I don't know if I can find someone who'd do that..cheaply.

Thanks again though.
Advertisement
_
__

_
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. May 2004 @ 12:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Neo 4 isnt hard to remove it just depends on the install. i have replace quite a few of those but I have noticed that some times they remove the scex point and once I take the chip out the system no longer works properly. It can be done though thats for sure. You just have to find some one who will do it.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > can you upgrade a modchip?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork