User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 04:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > updating your modchip?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Updating your modchip?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ratm4484
_
23. May 2004 @ 20:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
I've been thinking about getting a modded ps2 but i'm unsure whether to get a magic v or a dms3 chip. Websites are saying that with this dms3 chip you can update your mod chip with firmware updates at a later time. Does anyone know if you can do this with the magic brand chips? Also anyone that has the magic brand chips, have you had any problems playing online games with your ps2?
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
24. May 2004 @ 14:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No you cannot update the firmware on the magic brand chips. Only the DMS3 and the Matrix Infinity can do that. I have install quite a few of the Magic V chips and they work with no problems. You can play games online but you have to turn off the chip and you can only play originals online.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. May 2004 @ 14:51

aXidburn
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
30. May 2004 @ 19:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yea i have the mgaic v 5k6 and it works perfectly

AMD athlon 64 3200+
ATI 9800 pro all in wonder
Memorex dual x format
ps2 v10, Magic V 5K6
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > updating your modchip?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork