User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:41
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > not another one...
Show topics

Forums
Forums
not another one...
  Jump to:

Posted Message
EPD
_
25. May 2004 @ 00:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, I've been loitering here for a while, but thought that it was time to post...

I'm after a chip for my v9 ps2. Having read through all of the forums I still am unsure as to which to get. I have also heard that the laser installed in some v9s is faulty and will be ruined by a chip installation. Anyone else heard this?

Anyway:

=I'm in London
=Money is not an issue as far as the chip itself or installation goes (I just want it to be done professionally!)
=I want to play imports/backups with the chip

If anyone has any advice, especially v9 users :D then I'd really appreciate your help. Apologies for the fact that this question has been asked so many times already...
Kravenoff
_
25. May 2004 @ 10:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DMS3 seems to be the chip to go with. Since it can be flash updated and the DMS3 crew seems to be pretty up on doing that. Adding such things as hard drive support even when booting backups.

As for an installer, you could have a look at www.chipinstallation.com, they list installers that are located in most parts of the world.

P4 2.8 Ghz
Raedon 9200 SE
LG 4040B Super Multi Drive dual x format
ps2 v10, Duo 2 SE
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > not another one...

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork