User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 cd tray wont close
Show topics

Forums
Forums
ps2 cd tray wont close
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bmw4000
_
26. May 2004 @ 07:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the cd tray opens fine, but recently it has started to not close. earlier sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldnt when i would manually push it in a little, then press reset, but today no matter how many times ive tried rebooting it wouldnt work. Is there any solution to this?
Advertisement
_
__
SPIKE2004

1 product review
_
28. May 2004 @ 17:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
I fixed a sticky draw recently, if you can, remove the lid, then remove the laser cover by unsrewing 4 little srews, once you do this the laser and draw are exposed, now at the front left of the draw there are 2 more little srews remove them, if you dids this right you can now lift the left side up and then remove draw.
Now what i did was give the draw a good clean underneath and where the draw slides along as well.

Refitting should be easy, just reverse how you take it out.

Hope this help, any thing else let me know.
bmw4000
_
28. May 2004 @ 17:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok so are you saying you had the same problem as me? I have opened it and when i press the reset button i see that the gear doesnt move when it is suppossed to go in, but it moves fine when it goes out? Does this describe your previous problem or do i have another problem? If you have aim and could further explain that would be great mine is bmw4000one or anyone else that has solutions thanks
SPIKE2004

1 product review
_
28. May 2004 @ 20:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeh sounds like my problem, because it wouldnt go down the tray hits the spindle(cd sits on) and gets stuck but hit eject and it comes back out fine.

mine was because i pulled tray out manually doing a swap trick and pulled to far, but after i took it apart it worked fine.

if your in the uk playstation will do an exchange for broken ps2's for £65, they send a courier who gives you a new ps2, pad, leads, or if you wont you can just swap ps2, basically he gives you wat you give him, there number is in any ps2 game manual.
bmw4000
_
28. May 2004 @ 20:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Aw but I am in the US. Is there a place like that in the US? Will they do that even if it is modded? that's a great deal

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. May 2004 @ 20:27

SPIKE2004

1 product review
_
28. May 2004 @ 20:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ah! I dont know about the US, but you could try ring your playstation customer support, and if they do and its as good a price as here, I'd say remove mod-chip and laser if it works, and just tell them you bought it second hand and it doesnt read disc's and you dont know why.
I'd do it for you but like you say your in the US, are you on ebay?
bmw4000
_
28. May 2004 @ 20:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah im on ebay, same name
Advertisement
_
__

_
SPIKE2004

1 product review
_
28. May 2004 @ 20:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i'm on ebay uk and my user name is iansarmageddon
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 cd tray wont close

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork