User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:49
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 won't boot psx and hdd issues
Show topics

Forums
Forums
ps2 won't boot PSX and HDD issues
  Jump to:

Posted Message
boy141
_
26. May 2004 @ 08:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi yall

I have a magic 3.1 chipped in with a clip. I have a question, i've seen pictures that says that I needed to sodder the two square points together so PSX works, well I did that, and It doesn't work , at all!

Also, I read somewhere on the forum how I can use my own 160 gig HDD and mount it. Well I did that also, and it disabled my modchip, so I am stuck here. CAn someone help me?

Dual PIII 667
384 Ram
550 GIG Raid-5
Cendyenne 4x DVD-R/RW
Liteon 40x12x48
Toshiba DVD 4x
Zen True-72x
V4 PS2 with magic 3.1 (no clip)
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
26. May 2004 @ 09:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can only use a 3rd party HDD if you have the DMS3 chip. So there is your problem right there. There are some tools out there that may allow this with any chip but you will have to find them your self. As for psx games and the scex point, you have to solder a wire from the chip to those 2 squares, not just solder them together.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
boy141
_
26. May 2004 @ 09:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OMG someone responded!!!!!!!

i would give you half of my sandwich if you were here. Uhm here is the link for the HDD.

http://www.brookfresh.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=374

AND can I desodder the two points and connect using a wire? like I am lost on what the scex point is.. can you post a link and tell me which point SCEX is?

I also read on the forum that i could fluked up my ps2.

Dual PIII 667
384 Ram
550 GIG Raid-5
Cendyenne 4x DVD-R/RW
Liteon 40x12x48
Toshiba DVD 4x
Zen True-72x
V4 PS2 with magic 3.1 (no clip)
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > ps2 won't boot psx and hdd issues

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork