User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 04:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > duo modchip won't boot ps2 backup/original, only ps1 backups
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Duo modchip won't boot PS2 backup/original, only PS1 backups
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mantdn
_
29. May 2004 @ 01:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've installed DUO modchip on a V3 (GH-006) PAL PS2 motherboard, everything BUT PS2 backups and originals won't boot. PSX game boots fine and dvd also boots fine. My solderpoints are good. I've tried and tried again 4 times now, but each time the outcome is the same, it won't boot PS2 games, no matter if it's backup or original. It could detect that there's a PS2 games in the tray, but just at the moment it boots, the cd-rom just stopped, and on the screen it says: "please insert a playstation games...etc". Please help, anyone?
Advertisement
_
__
qbano
_
30. May 2004 @ 17:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sounds like a problem with the dvd side of the laser...ps1 games are cd-r..thats why they will work..try playing a dvd movie to confirm this..and also try playing a ripped ps2 game..one on cd-r...you could also try playing with the white cog...but iam pretty sure its the dvd side of the laser..i have see this happen lots of times..only thing you can do is get a new one..
mantdn
_
30. May 2004 @ 17:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for your help. I tried DVD-film, and it works. Do you know if V3's have problems with modchip installed? Is this a common problem for V3?
qbano
_
31. May 2004 @ 07:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no i have never had a problem with any version..i have installed over 50 DUOs...love that chip..never had any problems..this is a wierd problem though..if you can play a dvd movie you should be able to load an original ps2 game..can you tell me how you are trying to boot the game..to boot the dvd movie you have to hold the power botton down for 5-6 seconds and to boot a ps1 you have to hold it for about 1 second (until blue light comes on) and for ps2 just tap the power botton..iam guessing you know this...turn the main power switch off in the back turn it back on tap eject botton..put disc in the tray and tap the power botton to load the disc and reset and load the game..please confirm that you are doing this before we go to the next step..
mantdn
_
31. May 2004 @ 16:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, I did. To play DVD-movie (similar to turn off the chip) I pressed and holded reset-buttom for at least 4 sec. and then released it. Insert a DVD-movie and it works, no problem. Then I turned off and on the power, insert a PS2 DVD-game backup, it detected it's a PS2 game in the tray, but couldn't boot the backup game. Only 1 out of 10 try it did boot the game... so it's kinda weird...
qbano
_
31. May 2004 @ 17:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
have you cleaned your laser?? if your laser is dirty alot of times it wont boot dvd backups..but originals should still boot...thats why i find this so wierd..were ps2 originals working before you modded it? clean you laser with a q-tip and compressed air..make sure to get the compressed air under the lens..if you trust you self enough remove the black plastic that is on the laser it self..and very carefully lift up the lens..and stick the q-tip under the lense and move it around spinning it with you thumb and fore finger..then blow on it or use the compressed air..but be very careful doing this cause there are four tiny wires attached to the lens that you dont want to break...you will need to rip a little cotton of the q-tip to be able to get it under there...i have fixed alot of ps2s doing this..cleaning under the lens is what makes the difference..if you dont trust you self just blow it out with compressed air it will help alot..try this and let me know what happens?
matty8887
_
1. June 2004 @ 02:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If everything works fine except for ps2 games then i think it is the angle of the laser. This is what the white cog is for. Turn it a few times at a time and try your dvds,ps1, and ps2 games until they all work. This could take a lot of time because you need to find the correct angle of the laser to play all your dvs and games. I hope this helps. also clean the laser while your there.

-Xbox v1.0, X-ecuter2 lite, EVO-X DASHBOARD,
-PS2 V4(gap), PS2 V5, duo2
-BARTON 3200+, wInDoWs XP(sp2),
asus A7V600-X,120GB
mantdn
_
8. June 2004 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, after I cleaned the laser, it worked better. This must means the laser was old and dirty. Thanks for all your help.
Advertisement
_
__

_
qbano
_
9. June 2004 @ 03:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
glad you got it working
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > duo modchip won't boot ps2 backup/original, only ps1 backups

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork