User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > trouble with one section of installation
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Trouble with one section of installation
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Thinkdiff
_
30. May 2004 @ 15:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have some type of Magic chip (not exactly the same, but similar) that I got from a local game store. I did about 18 solder points and then got to the group of points that must be soldered on the other side of the motherboard. I cannot for the life of me get the solder to stick to such small points! How did you guys do it? and tips or tricks? I tried applying Flux to the area, but it didn't help.
qbano
_
30. May 2004 @ 17:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok first you need to make sure you tip if fairly new and screwed in tight...now scrape those points with something sharp you want to see some shiny copper..next clean it off good i use a toothbrush and electronic cleaner...now fill all the points with sloder...just to fill the hole...now dip the end of your wire in the flux and hold it on the point and tap it with the iron..be very careful not to hold it on for more than 1 second...should stick with just a tap...this is how i do it..works great for me...hope it helps
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > trouble with one section of installation

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork