User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 04:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > duo modchip half works
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Duo modchip half works
  Jump to:

Posted Message
twinke
_
30. May 2004 @ 17:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I installed the Duo modchip in my version 7 ps2. It's the first solder modchip install that I've ever done. Everything seems to have gone fine except whenever I turn on the PS2 the tray immediately ejects. Also, anytime I press the eject button the PS2 restarts. In fact, the eject button seems to be acting like a clone for the reset button. If I hold the eject button in it will power off the PS2. Maybe it's always like that but I never noticed it before. On the plus side of things I can play PS2 original and backup games without a hitch. I can also play PS1 originals. It's when I try to play a PS1 backup that it doesn't work. The tray ejecting and the eject button totally mess up any chance of putting the modchip in PS1 mode or disabling it. Does anyone know or have ideas as to what went wrong? Was it my solder job? Did I fry a chip? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you.
Advertisement
_
__
qbano
_
31. May 2004 @ 17:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
check you Z and RST points your problem lyies with them..
nim
_
2. June 2004 @ 20:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Installed a DUO in a v7. Now i just get a black screen when my ps2 turns on. Any advice on what points to look at pls help gbano
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
3. June 2004 @ 23:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Twinke: It sounds to me like your may have plugged your ribbons in wrong when you put your system back together or, qbano may be right. Check all your points and make sure they are correct.

Nim: Usually a black screen is related to the bios chip. Check the bios legs for bridges. Might as well check all your points while your in there. If all else fails take it apart and start again. but first check to see if you are sti;; getting the black screen after the chip is out. If it does then you fried a fuse and you are fuxored.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
qbano
_
4. June 2004 @ 02:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nim..your problem could have to do with pwr and gnd make sure the wires for those two are big ones (22ga) or you can use two of the small ones you are using on the rest of the installation...i would use 3-4 for the gnd though...i got black screen on my first install for this same problem...also...does you eject light come on???
Advertisement
_
__

_
nim
_
6. June 2004 @ 19:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for your advice, i try and put a thicker power and ground wire. BTW i have advanced to the clouds screen (after fixing the dry joints) however am getting some interference (probably because i have not put the lexan that shields the pwr supply or my wires are too thin. At this stage it won't read any cd's or dvds. A music cd comes up with tracks but won't play them when selected and it says i have no dvd movie player? Any way i will try your suggestions to my previous problem tonight. Thanks again and i'll let you all know how i go
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > duo modchip half works

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork