User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 04:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > magic 3.1 problems
Show topics

Forums
Forums
magic 3.1 problems
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bearcreek
_
3. June 2004 @ 09:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just installed the magic 3.1 in my playstation 2 version 4 and cant get it to work. I have power, but nothing on the tv. I can hear the disk drive try to start, but it does not spin and the reset button is lit. Bad install or bad chip? Thank you for any help.
Advertisement
_
__
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
3. June 2004 @ 23:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Bad install. Sounds like your bios might be bridged. Take off all your bios wires and and then clean off the bios pins. Start from scratch with the bios chip and see if that helps.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
bearcreek
_
4. June 2004 @ 06:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Which wires are for the bios and if it is bridged could something be fried? Thanks for the response.
daPhoenix
_
4. June 2004 @ 11:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They are QTUVR, and PONM points. Those are all the bios points. You should be looking for bridges on the PONM points mostly though. It could also be your pwr and grnd points. Try to make them as short as possible.

bearcreek
_
5. June 2004 @ 07:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I read somewhere if you use 30 gauge wire for all the connections this will cause the ps2 not to work(which I did).Could this be my problem and if so what gauge should I use? Thanks for all the speedy replies.
bearcreek
_
5. June 2004 @ 10:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just did some research on the internet on magic modchips and found out mine is probably a fake. Should I continue with trouble shooting or try to return it? The site I was on said by law they have to return my money. I only paided $21.00 including shipping. I would list the site I bought it from but I don't know if this would break the forum rules. What to do?
Advertisement
_
__

_
daPhoenix
_
6. June 2004 @ 19:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have used ALL 30awg wire on magic installation plenty of times and it has worked each time. So I doubt that is your problem. And as for the fake chip, that should not be a problem. Clones usually work just as good as the original. But for that price you could get something newer. Its up to you. I suggest maybe sending it out to someone to have it professionally done.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > magic 3.1 problems

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork