User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 04:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > newbie needs help choosing modchip
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Newbie needs help choosing modchip
  Jump to:

Posted Message
binary90
_
6. June 2004 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I hate to start a new thread asking you guys to recommend a modchip to me which I'm sure you've seen a thousand times, but I am a complete newb when it comes to modchips. I need a PS2 modchip that will play both PSX backup games and PSX legit games. I also want it to play both legit PS2 games and backup PS2 games. I have a version 1-3 PS2. I don't know which exactly only that it is v1-3 because it has 10 screws on the bottom of the case. I have been looking at the DMS3 modchip, but I would really appreciate your opinion on which modchip would be best for me. If you need anymore information about what I need post it here and I will gladly tell you what I know. Thanks.
Advertisement
_
__
binary90
_
6. June 2004 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I found out that I have a version 1 PS2. I had read somewhere that some people don't think it is wise to mod a version 1 because there are simply too many problems. Is this true and should I just buy a new PS2 to mod?
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
6. June 2004 @ 19:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
V1 are not only very difficult to mod compare to other versions, but the laser in them is very weak and just not good for reading copied media. So, yes you should just buy a new system. Or possibly a used one of a newer version. Like say a V7.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
binary90
_
7. June 2004 @ 06:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How easy is it to mod one of the brand new PS2's which I'm guessing are version 10?
Advertisement
_
__

_
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
7. June 2004 @ 09:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They are almost as difficult as the old version. But to make it easier, solder to the legs on the chip for the DVD points instead of the via's on the back of the board. Still, definitly not for a noob.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > newbie needs help choosing modchip

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork