User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 04:29
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > chipped a v9 w/ dms3, odd problems with originals now
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Chipped a v9 w/ DMS3, odd problems with originals now
  Jump to:

Posted Message
FFTony
_
9. June 2004 @ 04:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Having problems with my DMS3 v9 install (50001), wondering if anyone can shed some light.

Followed the directions carefully and I double checked all connections on the board. Turned on the PS2 and saw the default boot screen. I tried a backup game (BG: Dark Alliance 2 on Memorex DVD+R 2x media) and got a message "Insert original PS or PS2 game". Then I tried booting the game holding "X" and I can get to the PS2 logo screen before games normally boot, but the screen goes black and nothing happens.
Here's whats really weird:
The original BG: Dark Alliance 2 won't play either, same prob with seeing the PS2 logo, but then black screen. I tested some other games:

TAK and the power of JuJu - Original: Works fine
Kingdom Hearts - Original: Works fine
Final Fantasy X - Original: Won't boot by itself, get the PS2 logo then blackscreen. Needed to hold down "X" to get it to work.

No matter what I try I can't get Dark Alliance 2 Original to run!

Can anybody PLEASE help me figure out whats going on with my originals now?

Thanks
Advertisement
_
__
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
9. June 2004 @ 09:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its the firmware version you are using. DA2 is one of the games it wont play for some odd reason. Try upgrading your firmware to the newest one(2.2 I think) and see if that fixes your problem.

Get it here:

http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/dms3/site.pl?page=downloads

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
FFTony
_
9. June 2004 @ 09:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks daPhoenix, but I heard that the newest 2.2 firmware actually has more problems with originals than 1.8 or 2.0.

Am I right to think the v9 DMS3 comes with 1.8 flash?
If so, I'll try to do a 2.0 and a 2.2 flash to see what works the best.

daPhoenix
_
9. June 2004 @ 17:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah it does come with 1.8. Try those upgrades and post back to let us know what happened.

FFTony
_
9. June 2004 @ 19:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
daPhoenix, your a genius!!!

Flashed the DMS3 to 2.2, everything now works perfectly. All originals and backups. Even got the Super Nintendo EMU working! I'm just glad I actually installed the chip correctly.

Thanks again!
daPhoenix
_
9. June 2004 @ 23:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glad I could be of help to you. That is what these forums are for is it not? And congrats on a successful mod install. And on a V9 no less. People like you are gonna put pro's like me outta business!! LOL

FFTony
_
10. June 2004 @ 19:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you, and I doubt I'd put the pro's like you out of business considering I probably won't do another one if I can help it. It wasn't a very fun experience, and I consider myself 'experienced' when it comes to soldering and electronics. Start to finish was 4 hours and the vias gave me one heck of a problem.

FYI: I'm using Imation DVD+R burned at 2.4x speed and Sony CD-R(700MB) burned at 40x speed on a OptoRite DD0203 (Firmware 2.50) for all my backups and every single one works first try. I even installed a 13GB HDD tonight and ran the HDD Install from DMS and that worked like a champ. Now if I can only think of something to do with the HDD?!?

daPhoenix
_
11. June 2004 @ 08:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wait till the HDloader somes out. then you'll have plenty use for an HDD.

http://hdloader.com

Advertisement
_
__

_
FFTony
_
11. June 2004 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HDLoader?!?
*drool*
Time to get a bigger hard drive!
Divineo.com will have them available Tuesday, the 15th.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > chipped a v9 w/ dms3, odd problems with originals now

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork