User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 04:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > what is the best modchip?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
What is the best modchip?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Tural
_
11. June 2004 @ 11:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, I'm looking to get a modchip for my PS2 this weekend. I was wondering what is the best kind?

I need it to:
Load all bought PS2 games
Load all copied PS2 games
Load all DVDs
(Preferably)No disc swapping

I have a V7 PS2 console. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
_
__
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
11. June 2004 @ 22:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This question is asked ALOT and I have answered it at least a dozen times in the last few weeks. I know you are a newb and didn't mean any harm so to any one else who sees this post please do not flame him. I will end this by telling you to use the search function. You will find all the answers you need then.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
Tural
_
12. June 2004 @ 09:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, sorry about that.

Edit: I was looking at a few sites and came across the Messiah2 1.33b, it sound like what I need. Is it any good? It seems harder to install than others but it shouldnt be a problem. I have a friend that has gone to school for small electronic repair and I have installed chips in the PS1 and my friends XBox.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. June 2004 @ 09:58

daPhoenix
_
12. June 2004 @ 13:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The PS2 is a whole different animal my friend. But you should be able to pull it off. Go with the newer messiah 2 V2.0. It has a lower wire count at about 18 and is just as functional. If not better.

Tural
_
12. June 2004 @ 16:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, one last question, is the v2.0 still compatible with a version 7 PS2?

daPhoenix
_
12. June 2004 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes of course. Go to http://foundmy.com to get one. They are VERY reliable.

Advertisement
_
__

_
Tural
_
12. June 2004 @ 17:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, that should be all I need. Thanks a bunch man. I really appreciate it.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > what is the best modchip?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork