User User name Password  

Monday 16.9.2024 / 15:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > dnas and hdd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DNAS and HDD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr.norm
_
21. June 2004 @ 10:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi- after reading all the posts on HD Loader, I decided to get the 120 gb Maxtor HDD and HD Loader software as well.

My question is this: I play online games like RE: Outbreak which has a feature (not tried it) to load the game into a HDD to reduce load times. I would still like to play this game online but am getting confused on whether or not this will still be possible with a non-Sony HDD, loaded with HD Loader due to DNAS checks? Any thoughts are appreciated!

dr.norm
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
21. June 2004 @ 10:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No it will not. You must have a sony HDD to not be booted off DNAS.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
dr.norm
_
21. June 2004 @ 11:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I might be flogging a dead horse but the eternal optimist in me is desperate to know:

DNAS actually checks to see if the HDD is 3rd party? I was hoping to use the RE: Outbreak 'feature' to load the game data (textures, maps, etc.) into the HDD and still use the original disk to boot the game and play online. I thought DNAS only checks the software and the PS2 itself only for mod chips, etc.

Since I am not loading the entire disk into the HDD as a backup with HD loader which fails the DNAS audit, I'm thinking this should work??!.

dr.norm
Advertisement
_
__

_
Icemonkey
_
21. June 2004 @ 11:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The hard drive enabled PS2 games will not detect a non-Sony HDD. You must use a modchip to use a non-Sony HDD with those games. Using a modchip will cause DNAS to fail.

PS2 - v8
Mod - Magic V
Burner - CenDyne (Pioneer) DVR-A05
Media - Anything Cheap

Gamecube w/Broadband Adapter
Phantasy Star Online
Animal Crossing Loader v1.4
Phantasy Star Uploader v1.1
Gamecube ISO Ripping Server v1.0.0.29
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > dnas and hdd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork