User User name Password  

Wednesday 18.9.2024 / 21:57
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > help to identify mod chip
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Help to identify mod chip
  Jump to:

Posted Message
markie68
_
26. June 2004 @ 20:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all,

A friend picked up this mod chip in Thailand. It is meant to be for a 35002 AUS PAL console but didn't come with connection instructions.

Chip is a XILINX XC95144XL. No markings on pcb except "V5" on component side

Can anyone help me identify it and point me towards installation drawings??

Mark.

Advertisement
_
__
markie68
_
26. June 2004 @ 20:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SCMods
Suspended permanently
_
27. June 2004 @ 18:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
some type of clone , but im not sure of what .

Pro U.S.ps2 mod installer!
http://www.steelcityelectronics.com/
bern376@msn.com
daPhoenix
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
28. June 2004 @ 08:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It looks like a peice of crap. I would just say forget it and order another one online.

"From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"
rauldogg
_
9. July 2004 @ 10:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sup markie68
i just picked up the same chip you have in india. its for a NTSC us ps2. wanted to know what you did with it.

thanks raul
_
9. July 2004 @ 12:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rauldogg,

where in india did u get the chip?
markie68
_
9. July 2004 @ 16:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Found some more info - I think it is a "blue chip" but not too sure - manufacturer won't return my emails. Mine was for a PAL AUS console.

see http://www.maxking.com/bluechip.htm

mark
rauldogg
_
10. July 2004 @ 16:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yugioh2me
I picked it up in Bombay. The guy who sold it to me offered to install it for free but my PS2 was in the US.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
11. July 2004 @ 15:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rauldogg,

i got mine in New Dehli in Palika Bazaar, they also told me that they could solder it for me, but my ps2 was also in the us at that time. Plus i got the wrong model of the modchip and accidentally got the v9 model instead of the v7.

Console: PS2 v7, 8MB Nyko MC, 32MB Max MC, 16MB Gameshark MC, Multitap, Sony Controller, Nyko Controller, AirFlow Controller
Chip: DMS4 E.Z.I. Pro, ToxicOS v0.41, 100GB HDD

Handheld: PSP Firmware v1.5, 32MB MS Pro Duo, 2GB MS Pro Duo
HomeBrew: DevHook v0.46 w/ GUI Mod & USB Mod, Firmware v2.71 Emulated
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - hardware boot discussion > help to identify mod chip

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork